Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently got San Marco. Really like it so far; like El Grande better but this will definitely see more gameplay.

Anyhow, at beginning, when you play your bridge(s) you put the aristocrat that marks it from your supply, not from one of your aristocrats in a connected district, yes? The rules didn't seem precisely clear in the setup nor the Bridge action card rules. They just say you place one of your aristocrats on the bridge, but we are inferring it comes from one's supply.

Also, if I want to place a bridge where it is not connected to a district I am in, I can do that too, yes? If I'm placing a controlling aristocrat from my supply then I don't see why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They do indeed come from the supply when placing/moving bridges. Yes to the second as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you inferred correctly... but, man, your alternative inference would be a really interesting variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NateStraight wrote:
Yes, you inferred correctly... but, man, your alternative inference would be a really interesting variant.

Exactly. When I was wondering whether I understood the bridge rule correctly I could envision the tension it could introduce if you had to surrender an aristocrat from a district in order to control the bridge you connect to said district. (And therefore I wondered whether said extra tension to majority balancing was an intended aspect of the game we were overlooking by playing bridges [the right way] as we did.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.