Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I like to play solitaire and many times I don't follow the normal victory condition (or alternate ending), but I choose a character and I play only to live a life full of adventures.
I remember when I do that with the 2nd edition ... I used all the maps (base game and official expansions) and I used also some of great fan created expansions (for example, while entering in a tavern or village I placed my character on another small map that reproduced the tavern or the village, where were are custom adventures cards that governed that map).
It was and it is a great way to play ... just going where you want, exploring all the places you want and living a lot of adventures!
With the number of official expansions and the breathtaking number of fans created expansions, no other game gives you this amount of additional maps and cards to play and the rules are simple compared to other games.
I think there isn't another game that gives you this freedom while playing solitaire ... and when your character has reached high levels you have the choice between racing over the crown of command space where, maybe, a Dragon King is waiting, or simply discard the character and start a new one.

Roberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I frequently play Talisman as well as Runebound and Arkham Horror the same way.

Much like you I started doing this with Talisman 2nd ed back in the 80s as my friends at the time really disliked Talisman. I never was able to afford all the expansions but I would play the few I had solo either as a single character or picking champions of good and evil and set them after each other.

Many great adventures both then and now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-L├ęgier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea.
Has someone created some special solitaire victory conditions, such as having non player characters move on the board between the solo player's turn, with some interaction with the player's character?
Or establish degrees of accomplishment, the minimal one being not to die - but one could also give score points for items, followers amassed, enemies defeated, etc. ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Rettore
Italy
Riese Pio X (Treviso)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgaming is the land of imagination. Talking with a friend of mine (he is a writer and professor) we agreed that only people that are used to apply a fertile imagination can fully enjoy boardgames.

Talking about Talisman, as we all know the way to enjoy it is believing that you're living THAT adventure.

People too addicted to VGames, or unused to read books, etc usually don't like boardgames; not to talk about solitaire plays...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.