Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
No they are not...if anything they are quite dangerous to yourself, because they can lead you to deplete your hand and be stuck with little options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you've got to time your play of accountants very carefully, otherwise you end up with a hand of useless single cards.

I think it's safe to say that none of the four suits are overpowered, although they can each appear very strong in different situations. It sounds like the process we went through for the first five games: at first the blues were overpowered, then the reds were, then the yellows. Of course we realised that none of this was really the case...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmarques1982 wrote:
PasiMax wrote:
No they are not...if anything they are quite dangerous to yourself, because they can lead you to deplete your hand and be stuck with little options.

How can accountants be dangerous to the player who has them?

If you use them too soon / too carelessly and end up with too small a hand and/or a hand of cards that are not so useful for taking the remaining cards in the deck. Each time you use them (like using the brutes and unlike the mercenaries) you reduce your hand by a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
cmarques1982 wrote:
PasiMax wrote:

If you time them badly or "waste" them to get back cards too early you are stuck with a small hand of singles etc...

edit: beaten by Russ' speed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
cmarques1982 wrote:
PasiMax wrote:

To clarify, make sure you're playing them correctly - if I use a #3 accountant I've got to discard it AND three cards from my hand to draw three back from my discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seanp wrote:
To clarify, make sure you're playing them correctly - if I use a #3 accountant I've got to discard it AND three cards from my hand to draw three back from my discard pile.

To make it even more correct: ... discard it AND UP TO three cards ...

All abilities of the families can always be used "UP TO" the appropriate rank.

Have fun with Famiglia!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmarques1982 wrote:
Also, can I always use "UP TO" the rank? Does this mean that a level 4 brute can knock down a level 2(say) accountant?

Yes, he can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmarques1982 wrote:
Also, can I always use "UP TO" the rank? Does this mean that a level 4 brute can knock down a level 2(say) accountant?

That question is dealt with in Famiglia FAQ, so you might want to check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.