Popular Tags: [View All]
Aron Clark
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just shared this info with a new trader and thought that might as well post this in the deals forum. I wasn't aware of this before, but the USPS offers a flat rate priorty delivery and will provide you with a free box. Here are the details, shipping will run you a flat 7.70 anywhere in the US, upto 70lbs.

Quote:

http://www.usps.com/shipping/flatrate.htm?from=priority&page...
Boxes
• The Priority Mail Flat Rate Box is $7.70 for any U.S. destination.
• The inside dimensions for the two boxes available are 11" x 8.5" x 5.5" and 13.625" x 11.875" x 3.375".
• The contents of the flat rate box must be neatly contained inside of the box with adhesive packaging tape.
• The box must close securely and retain its shape when taped with adhesive.
• The shape of the box may not be changed or enlarged to fit its contents.

Extra services such as Delivery Confirmation™, Signature Confirmation®, and Insurance are available to use with Priority Mail Flat-Rate Envelopes and Boxes. Note: Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelopes and Boxes can hold a maximum of 70 lbs.

They also offer a free flat rate enevelope at $3.45 for a US delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Flat Rate Priority is awesome. I ship all sorts of stuff that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's too bad they don't have a box big enough to ship the 12x12 boxes that are so common now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad to hear this. I like to buy stuff on ebay and I hate it when the person sending me stuff uses USPS because you can't track it.
The tracking is only delivery conformation. If I have the package I don't need to further track it. I want to know it has been shipped and where it is along the line. All USPS shows when tracking is that the person shipping asked for it to be picked up. That tells me nothing. Did they ship it or not. When will it arrive? Nope I like Fed-ex first because you can track and they will deliver to my home on Saturday. Second is UPS.

Terry Bailey Sr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hughes
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think its pretty handy. I just concluded a trade here on the geek using it. Before I had always just used/reused whatever box I happened to have lying around the house. (I alwasy save boxes when I buy something online or from ebay.) But for the last trade, none of the boxes I had onhand were suitable, so the flat rate option was especially good.

When my I recieved the game I had traded for... guess what, it was in an identical flat rate box! (So it was also cool that neither party had to pay more than the other.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Down with Big Brown! Ship FedEx! Of course... I'm biased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.