Popular Tags: [View All]
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I have the cards, I would greatly enjoy understanding what they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess then information in the item header is sufficient to play but it would be nice to have a full translation of the text on the rules cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this online....

Mondo - The Duel

The Flow-Pack with 15 rule and task cards that was released in Germany in June 2011 is a complete Add-On for Mondo named Das Duell (The Duel). It does not cost money but is only available for Mondo-clients.

This two player variant expands the basic game, which is needed, wuith the special Duel Cards. These offer tasks like "Most Woods" or "biggest "Desert" which have to be fulfilled with the well-known landscape tiles from the game..

The player who wins at first two of these cards, wins the whole Duel.

for 2 players, 8+ years, Duration: 20-30 minutes.
Designer: Michael Schacht
Graphics: Oliver Freudenreich
Distribution: Pegasus Spiele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the English rules translation posted by
Chris Baylis
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
, there are a few more details.

- When the duel card is revealed, before the timer starts, each player finds a copy of the two pictured tiles, and places them on two of the highlighted squares of their board.

- Normal scoring rules don't apply. Errors only matter in these ways:
* Most duel cards require error-free landscapes. (But that says nothing about all the other landscapes on your board...)
* If you and your opponent tie for the duel card, the player with fewer errors takes it.
* If your number of errors exceeds your opponent's by 5 or more, you lose the card regardless of how well you achieved the goal.

I've printed this and am curious to try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.