Subject: Yet another Agricola scoring site, this time for mobile web rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip Stenbeck
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Presenting an Agricola scoring calculator I made for mobile web. That is for use on your mobile device. Since its web there is no need to install anything on your phone and the site is and will always remain free to use.

I have tested it using both android and iOS. it also works on the PC with all webkit based browsers (chrome, Safari). It will not work in IE or Firefox.

The site is built as a wizard with a series of sliders, you step to the next page by swiping your finger on the screen. On the last page there is a scoring button press it and you get your score. Very easy.

So point your mobile browser to http://gric-calculator.appspot.com/ and give it a try. Please post any feedback in this thread.

If you like it you could also visit http://mini-geek.appspot.com/ which is a site for browsing boardgamegeek game forums I build using the same technology.

For those of you that is intressted in the technical details:

The site is build completely in JavaScript using the awesome Sencha Touch library. Sencha Touch is an open source JavaScript framework, more info can be found at http://www.sencha.com/products/touch/

My site is released as open source (GPL) and the source code can be found at http://code.google.com/p/filip-stenbeck/source/browse/trunk/...

There you can also view the source code for my other project for example the mini-geek site mentioned above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vary nice calculator. If you have one of those crazy futuristic 'connecting to the 'internet' phone' phones.

Minor comments include that it might be nie to have the reset button scroll you back to the beginning.
More fundamental is the use of sliders for the card and bonus points. I really like the sliders on the whole and like the way you've started the person slider at 2 but with the possibility of loosing people, same with the house.
I lie the way the sliders move but am not sure it is all that practical for a field that is so unpredictable. I don't know what the solution is. Either a text box which would be a shame or a slider that responds to movement and increases its max value as you get closer, I imagine this would be quite hard to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Stenbeck
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad someone besides me liked the site.

The reset button is a great idea. I will start work on that right away, that is of course the way a reset button should work. Your other idea with the "progressive max value" is also really neat but I do not know how to implement that in the framework but I will give it a shot.

Again thank you for your suggestions and your kind words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Stenbeck
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated site:
The reset button now takes you back to the first page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D.
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Filip,

I tried out your mini geek site on my kindle fire (which uses a proprietary browser known as Silk if you didnt know). Scrolling doesnt seem to work correctly, as it wont scroll through the entire list of games, rather scrolling the whole page, if that makes sense. I actually think that is an issue with the Kindle browser right now, hopefully they fix it soon. I will try it on my Droid tomorrow and see how it looks. Nice work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.