Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to introduce this game on sunday, and just wanted to make sure I've got it right:

In a turn I put my action marker on the Hire Performer, and hire the Rope Walker. For this I immediately pay the Hiring Cost (4 coins).

I manage to get only one red cube on her, so when performing the show, she earns 3 coins.

After the show I have to pay her salary (4 coins).

So net for the first show she has cost me 4-3+4=5 coins?

Even if I manage to get 3 cubes on her, she will only earn 5 coins, and thus cost me 4-5+4=3 coins the first show. Each subsequent show she will earn 5 coins, but have a salary of 4 coins, netting me +1 coin.

So over the whole game she will at best cost me 1 coin?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Walker
United Kingdom
Liphook
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is correct (I think from my own read of the rules and a quick demo at Essen)

Except the impact of flipping the performer when the 3 star performance has been put in - this generates VPs and greatly reduces the salary costs for future shows.

Also don't forget the impact of trailers on salaries - those bizarre performers are very useful for controlling salaries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Check out my latest game, A Thief's Fortune, currently on Kickstarter
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:
I'm going to introduce this game on sunday, and just wanted to make sure I've got it right

stevepwalker wrote:
This is correct (I think from my own read of the rules and a quick demo at Essen)

Except the impact of flipping the performer when the 3 star performance has been put in - this generates VPs and greatly reduces the salary costs for future shows.

Also don't forget the impact of trailers on salaries - those bizarre performers are very useful for controlling salaries.

That's right. Also you can benefit further by being able to hire the performer after her hiring cost has been reduced due to several rounds of not being hired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I missed the part where you put the discount tokens on the personal and performers, after each turn.

I, mistakenly, though you only put the dicount token on the cards after each show, but now I realised that they are put on after each turn, and discarded when they have had one turn at 0 cost.

And I've also just realised that all cards still in the Hire Performer and Hire Personel are discarded after each show.

I must have read the rules about 10 times, but without the actual game in my hand it's still a bit abstract.

Unfortunately I won't have my game until we are going to play itcry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:
Thanks, I missed the part where you put the discount tokens on the personal and performers, after each turn.

I, mistakenly, though you only put the dicount token on the cards after each show, but now I realised that they are put on after each turn, and discarded when they have had one turn at 0 cost.

I made realized the same error in my understanding the first time I played; thankfully the other person could correct me.

Drum Roll has a lot of tight tension between how narrow a profit you can net on several performers. And it's impossible with some unless you get it discounted on the front end, or pick up a trailer or free salary via a Bizarre Performer. (It's one reason why I like the promo cards; they add some nice front end cheaper options to the mix.) Yet always good to remember that you can get all the coins you want, but if you don't earn prestige you've lost the game.

Prestige can come at a very high cost in this game, so make sure you don't give it up too readily by letting your Performers get fired, which can happen easily if you hire a Performer too late, but don't have cubes already in waiting for getting them improved at least once. Or don't lose it by readily voting for a seventh round. (Try to get others to do that for you; Remember even you vote against a 7th round, but it gets voted in by others you will get the benefit of a 7th round without having to pay prestige for it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Check out my latest game, A Thief's Fortune, currently on Kickstarter
mbmbmbmbmb
I will do my best to launch rule explanation video soon, to give everyone a clear image about the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, that will be most welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:
And I've also just realised that all cards still in the Hire Performer and Hire Personel are discarded after each show.

Played the game twice yesterday, and totally forgot about this rule.

But it did mean that performers and personell were a lot cheaper, although we didn't see a lot of new performers or personell during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.