Subject: BURNT OUT LIGHT BULB rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cheryl Dikeman

Lansing
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea how to change the light bulb? I took out the small screws to the top of the tower and it doesn't move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dikemanc wrote:
Any idea how to change the light bulb? I took out the small screws to the top of the tower and it doesn't move.

The top of the tower doesn't move when the screws are taken out, it can be separated into two pieces.

That, however, is only the start of the process. The bottom of the tower also has to be removed in order to access the chamber where the light bulbs are. When that is done, the whole tower comes apart into numerous pieces, some of which are wired together.

Those steps get you to the light bulbs, but then the hard part starts. The bulbs themselves are seated into small mounting gaskets, the wires are soldered to the bulbs, and everything is lightly glued into place. It's necessary to work the bulb loose from the little bit of glue, after removing the colored cover, unsolder the old bulb, and solder the wires to a new bulb.

Seeing what had to be done, I decided that for me personally, this is a chore to be completed another day, if I absolutely must have this particular tower. Until that time, since I'm working with a parts copy anyway, I'd rather wait and try to thrift another copy of the game.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheryl Dikeman

Lansing
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, sounds like more trouble than its worth!

Cheryl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.