Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.zazzle.co.uk/merchant_of_venus_map_poster-2287530...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome - they even have the misspelled 'trappped' (included all along as an IP honeypot)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
got to love these threads with worthless titles

to save folks the trouble it's a link to a uk etailer selling posters including the board for MoV (wonder if they license the images or not??)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Fullenwider
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not a moccodity!
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

to save folks the trouble it's a link to a uk etailer selling posters including the board for MoV (wonder if they license the images or not??)

got to love these posts by people who seem to think they need to police the boards to make sure they meet their own personal standards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Dum, Dum, Dum dum dum, Dum!
badge
"Money isn't everything, but it's a tie-breaker in Power Grid!"
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

It's also available on the US site as well. It's an Artscow type company selling customer print services. Someone printed themselves a board, and shared it out. They get a cut of the "referrals", and it doesn't seem to be a licensing issue any more than you going to Kinkos and getting it printed yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
maelic001 wrote:
got to love these posts by people who seem to think they need to police the boards to make sure they meet their own personal standards.

If we don't, then the users who create threads with useless titles will never learn not to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
8bit wrote:
Just found this...

What? What did you find?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess no ones impressed. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the one hand, the thread title is non-descriptive.

On the other hand, we all clicked to see what the OP had found . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Lesson learnt, but I thought boards where they to share stuff with like minded people. Guess I was wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, its just people see these sort of "hey look" titles and "this might be something." titles and it can get a liiitle old after a while. Especially when the actual thread doesnt say where the lings going. Some folk are *really* leery of that.

Its like how CG in a movie is kinda "wow" the first few times, and later the reaction is "why is this needlesly in this movie?". Same effect, just less violent... this time... sauron

That and people seem to like descriptive titles.

Unfortunately we cant post entire threads in the title section... ahem...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Harris
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the info. Lesson learnt as said before. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Macabee wrote:
It's also available on the US site as well. It's an Artscow type company selling customer print services. Someone printed themselves a board, and shared it out. They get a cut of the "referrals", and it doesn't seem to be a licensing issue any more than you going to Kinkos and getting it printed yourself.

Except for the part about them getting a cut of the referrals, which is precisely the difference between commercial and non-commercial use (at least at the user's end. I don't know how these things work, but I imagine Kinkos and Zazzle both take steps to protect themselves from unintentional IP violations)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Macabee wrote:

Um...it's blatantly a licensing issue. SOMEONE has the copyright to that drawing, which means they're the one with the right to make copies of it. Not Zazzle, not whoever uploaded it to Zazzle, and not me or you at Kinko's. They're probably violating copyright, they just haven't been caught yet. Maybe the international aspect confuses things or maybe just no one's noticed....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
Except for the part about them getting a cut of the referrals, which is precisely the difference between commercial and non-commercial use (at least at the user's end. I don't know how these things work, but I imagine Kinkos and Zazzle both take steps to protect themselves from unintentional IP violations)

Actually, (assuming we are talking about US copyright law) it doesn't matter much whether it's for commercial or non-commercial purposes. You cannot produce a copy of something you do not own the copyright for, for commercial or noncommercial purposes, except as outlined under the "fair use" exceptions to copyright in US Title 17, Section 107.

Making a single copy for yourself is probably fair use, making hundreds of copies and handing them out for free almost certainly isn't, regardless of whether you are getting money for it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And even "fair use" has its limitations. And as the massive abuse of it becomes more problematic there may at some point be a major overhaul.

Really, theres some game pirater selling on E-bay CDs of game PDFs claiming its "Fair Use"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Runyan
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
8bit wrote:

Lesson learnt, but I thought boards where they to share stuff with like minded people. Guess I was wrong

I'm glad you learned we aren't idiots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan The Man
United States
Unspecified
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpwrunyan wrote:
8bit wrote:

I'm glad you learned we aren't idiots.

I fail to see where he made any such claim...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.