Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Olson
United States
Troy
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I introduced Notre Dame to a group of friends last night, and outside of losing in classic fashion as the teacher of the game, I noticed a really seemingly broken strategy of my left hand neighbor. What he managed to do, and perhaps it was my fault for drafting the wrong cards to him, was get 9-10 influence on the Residence/VP action. He then activated this 2-3 times through use of the Trusted friend, Residence action, and Fool person card... and scored 30 points in just two periods... he managed to move all the influence there through clever use of the move up to three cubes person card.

My question is this... am I missing something or did he find a game winning strategy? How can other players fight this strategy if the option to move Influence is always on the table, albeit at different times.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bridgham
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All you can do is avoid, as best you can, passing him the cards he needs. It isn't really too important as a good park strategy we get you 70 to 80 points, if played well.

I presume he realized that when you play the trusted friend, you actually have to move him. So you can only score the residence with him every other time you play his card.

Jeff Bridgham

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The question is how he managed to keep his game going with all of his cubes devoted to this. Why didn't the rats get him? Where did he get his money from?

I have gone aggressively to this space more than once, but that means having maybe 6 cubes there. Hard to imagine how you can run a game to get 10 there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Olson
United States
Troy
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think his secret was that he siphoned them away from the hospital, and combined the Doctor with the hospital to get his plague track down to nil early in the second period. And then the Doctor again to avoid the worst plague of the third period. All in all an impressive strategy for a firt timer, but he is our group's AP guy, so I guess it's not too surprising

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.