Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: which tiles should I use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kacper Sobczyński
Poland
flag msg tools
Hi,
I'm just going to play the first adventure but I'm not sure which tile I should use. Most of the tiles are named (e.g. volcanic vent, dwarven statue, etc.)
Should I mix all them together or use just the plain nameless tiles?
Then it would leave me just 12 tiles plus the start tile.
What about narrow passages?
Actually, I've got the same problem with the other two games (CR and WoA). I mix everything apart from the chamber tiles (unless I am directly told to use them).
I'd be grateful for your help, because I don't know how to play it correctly.
Regards
Kacper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, just mix them all together, unless maybe you prefer to try it out a bit simplified. The narrow passages do a good job of adding a few different tactical choices/dilemmas, and the volcanic vents work in conjunction with certain encounter cards (although maybe there aren't any of those cards in the 'beginner' card deck?).

It's the same for the other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kacper Sobczyński
Poland
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot. I just did as you said. I mixed everything and it was ok.
Actually, the beginner deck is very simplified, I think. I played with Drizzt and it was just a piece of cake. The game lasted only about half an hour and I lost just 4 hit points. He is absolutely overpowered with his ability to attack twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Kolman
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
Actually, on page 4 of the rulebook, it states what tiles to set aside, and to only include them in the adventure if it is specified.

But as the other guy mentions, have fun and mix them all together if that is what you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S T
msg tools
mbmb
You always use all of the tiles for the main deck of tiles (except the four double-tiles).

Each adventure has a section called "Special Components"; any tiles listed there, you take and set aside. Then you shuffle the rest of the tiles together.

After that, you do whatever the Adventure Setup section tells you to do with the tiles it told you to set aside in the "Special Components" section.

So, for example, the first adventure:

- Find and set aside the Start Tile, the Underground River Tile, and the Surface Hollow tile.
- Shuffle the rest of the tiles together.
- Put the Underground River tile after the 8th tile in your shuffled stack.

Then, when you get to the Underground River tile during your adventure, you follow the instructions in the Special Adventure Rules section.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.