Subject: Killing Fire Spirits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the work of brevity that is the rulebook, it doesn't say this *isn't* the case, but I like my rules more spelled out.

As we know, if a Fire Spirit hits one of the heroes it turns into a "Fire Wall" fire ball.

But what if a hero gets in the first hit?

The rules don't mention that so we've got to extrapolate from what they did say.

We ruled that a hero getting in the first hit kills a Fire Spirit and removes it from the board without the Fire Wall getting activated.

I guess other folk might think that any hit on a Fire Spirit turns it into a Fire Wall.

Were we right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
You were right.

At least that's the way we play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we play it. If a hero strikes first, it is gone. Once it strikes though, it become a fire column that never leave the game until that room is finished (which means killing all bad guys except flipped fire spirits).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Ameritrash
United States
Statesboro
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
AFC
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbow Snake wrote:
In the work of brevity that is the rulebook, it doesn't say this *isn't* the case, but I like my rules more spelled out.

As we know, if a Fire Spirit hits one of the heroes it turns into a "Fire Wall" fire ball.

But what if a hero gets in the first hit?

The rules don't mention that so we've got to extrapolate from what they did say.

We ruled that a hero getting in the first hit kills a Fire Spirit and removes it from the board without the Fire Wall getting activated.

I guess other folk might think that any hit on a Fire Spirit turns it into a Fire Wall.

Were we right?

Yes, you are right. That is how the designers intended it to work. Fire Spirits are one of most misinterpreted parts of Catacombs, for some reason. Personally, I don't get it. I guess the rules could be a bit more specific maybe, but the info is there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
(which means killing all bad guys except unflipped fire spirits).

I believe you've made a tiny typo? I think you mean "except flipped fire spirits" since the room isn't finished if a fire spirit is still alive ... perhaps they could run away from the heroes, trying to get them to fall into the fire walls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainbow Snake wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
(which means killing all bad guys except unflipped fire spirits).

I believe you've made a tiny typo? I think you mean "except flipped fire spirits" since the room isn't finished if a fire spirit is still alive ... perhaps they could run away from the heroes, trying to get them to fall into the fire walls?

meh, i just woke up when i wrote it. fixed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.