Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Beddes
United States
CARY
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I occasionally use Cerebral Hobbies. They have some eurogamers there; I picked up a bunch of Carcassonne and settlers. Here's their address:
265 S. Elliot Road
Chapel Hill

Chapel Hill is right outside of Durham, so it's not a big trip.

A list of game stores in the Raleigh/Durham area can be found at http://www.tuga.us/ I haven't been to any of them except for Cerebral Hobbies though.

Good luck!
Nathan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Augusta, GA

Not much here; 2 comic/CCG stores with a couple of selections of the new AH/Hasbro games. The larger store has a decent selection of Mechwarrior and GW minis. I know they do have some game nights for the minis. Comics, Games and Books is the new name. They used to be The Augusta Book Exchange.

There is also a Hobbytown USA near the smaller C/G/B that actually has more boardgames than the above 2. Other than that...zilch. I usually drive to Columbia, SC (an hour away) to buy games from a brick and mortor store. There are two decent stores and an active gaming group there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Williams
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Raleigh, NC. All Fun & Games in Cary has a great selection of Euro games, RPGs, and some Games Workshop stuff. Games Galore in Cary is similar. Fallen Orc games in Cary is primarily miniatures, with a smaller game selection. Lost Goblin Games in Raleigh has a small selection of games and a larger selection of warmachine miniatures and D&D. Hobby Masters has a small selection of board games but a large selection of Games Workshop miniatures, as well as other miniatures and RPGs (I think they have the best selection ofr GW and other miniatures).

For gaming, we once had a large group that met at Games Galore in Raleigh. Unfortunately, that store closed and the group fragmented. The good news is that there are boardgame nights with the fragmented groups at 3 stores. On Wednesday night, there is a game night at Lost Goblin in Raleigh. On Thursday night there is a boardgame night at both All Fun & Games and Games Galore in Cary (I recommend All Fun & Games for the Thursday night one. I usually attend the Wednesday night games at Lost Goblin.).

You can get all the addresses from the TUGA.US (TUGA = Triangle Unplugged Gaming Association).

http://www.tuga.us/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just updating this post for the FLGS list:

Cerebral Hobbies has been out of business for awhile now, sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elstree
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SciFi Genre has a pretty good selection:

3215 Old Chapel Hill Rd Ste A
Durham, NC 27707
(919) 490-7900

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Elstree wrote:
SciFi Genre has a pretty good selection:

3215 Old Chapel Hill Rd Ste A
Durham, NC 27707
(919) 490-7900

Seconded. That's my FLGS of choice around these parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.