Popular Tags: werewolf_games_played [+] werewolf_games_lost [+] [View All]
Kendall Miles
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since my River's Edge game won't be starting for a while, but I already had a bunch of people signed up for it starting the 18th, and some of them had time pressures, I'm going to run this game with the same players. If any of you can't do it, let me know and I'll look for an alternate. There will be minimal actions in this game, so you won't have to worry about those.

Players:

1)Javal
2)Shumyum
3)dbmurph22
4)seanp
5)jmilum
6)hibikir
7)agnespoodle
8)greek2me
9)Janeira
10)Xandryyte
11)Xlorp
12)Jaredh
13)Bluebehir

The scientists of Sea Station Niobe are working hard to develop new strains of helpful viruses, as well as doing experimental work on advanced synthetic agents of all kinds. Your location, underwater in a sealed dome, prevents the escape of any of the lethal toxins and viruses which are stored aboard the station. Most of the time, things are peaceful on the station, though boring. Most of you have been fascinated recently by the hit reality TV show "Elected!" where the survivor of a series of trials is named to the U.S. Senate. Currently it's narrowing down to the final battle between Candice, an attractive hairdresser and high school dropout, and Jake, an underwear model and part-time singer.

The fire started quickly, an electrical short caused it in a control panel, and it spread to one of the auxiliary labs. Fortunately the station is equipped with several redundant firefighting systems, so the room was sealed and evacuated of its oxygen, the surrounding areas had their sprinklers engaged, and so on. Unfortunately, something went wrong. In an emergency, all of the labs were supposed to be triple-sealed to prevent any cross-contamination, but the containment seals for one lab were opened instead! Smoke and water from the fire spread into the lab, blinding the scientists who were trying to lock down the specimens, and one tray of vials shattered.

Agent X-147 was one of the advanced synthetics you had been sent to study. It had only just arrived from EZGene a few days ago for reliability and safety testing, and apparently a few side effects had been noted. It affected the brain in unusual ways and so your labs were to tweak the problems out of it. Unfortunately now it seems that some of you were exposed to it due to the sealant system failures. Nothing like a live study! To make things worse, an approaching hurricane has chased off your supply ship so it appears you will be in here for several days before reinforcements and repair crews can arrive.

Rules

Your goal is to contain the spread of Agent X-147. Unless you are Contagious, of course, then your goal is to spread it.

Contagion

At the start of the game, some unknown (assumed small) number of you will be carriers of the agent. Each night turn, one additional person will be infected by the agent as long as at least one carrier is alive. This is determined randomly by the moderator. Note that carriers, those already infected, or people who have the Antidote (see below) cannot be infected, though those already infected may become Corrupted. Because of this there is not a guaranteed infection every night!

After two days of being infected the Infected will change into a Corrupted, at that point they will be killed by the medical exam and will be aware of the identities of all the Contagious.

The carriers may PM each other but none of the other Contagious are allowed to.

Lynching

Each day there will be a lynch vote and the person with the most votes will be killed. The lynch vote must be in by 8 pm BGG time. If there is a tie I will go by the person with the longest-held vote. There is NO lynch if a Carrier or Corrupted is killed by the Medical Exam.

There is no nightly kill,as the agent doesn't cause violence. Instead those infected merely want to survive to infect others, and reach the surface.

Medical Exam and Antidote

One person will be assigned the role of the Doctor. He was able to make a drug which acts as an Antidote to the agent, and has injected himself with it. Each day turn the Doctor can do a medical exam on someone to check for the presence of Agent X-147. He will PM me and I will post the results. If a person who is Infected is given the exam, he is cured and is considered the have the Antidote for the rest of the game. If a Carrier or Corrupted is examined, he will be killed by the drugs used and there will be no lynch that night. The Exam has no effect on non-infected people, and they are not given the antidote..

Mutation

If there are no carriers left alive, the virus will eventually mutate. After two nights have passed with no carrier, one of the Corrupted will mutate into a Carrier.

Game End

The Contagious win if they ever outnumber the Humans at the start of any day turn. At that point it is assumed they control the lynchings and will have the votes to kill everyone off.

The Humans win if all of the Contagious are killed, or if it becomes impossible for the Contagious to win because of too many humans with the Antidote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Miles
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf: Contagious (Starting today!)
I'll also need a couple of alternates if anyone's interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Miles
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strategy Notes

Just a couple of things I found as I was testing the game. The Contagious' strength is early in the game when they can usually expand quickly. Later in the game when they are closer to winning, it's much easier for the Doctor to identify them.

Voting patterns are critical. As the Contagious gain strength they have a lot of voting power, but they have to be careful not to tip their hand and reveal themselves that way.

Let me know if you have any feedback, I'm usually tinkering with my games and trying to come up with tweaks to the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm In... BTW, your link was wrong... It took me to the main Forum page... The one in the PMs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Miles
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I think it was just bad in the one I sent to you, everyone else's looks good. You got dropped from the big PM because I mis-spelled your name, oops! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peregrine wrote:
Okay, I think it was just bad in the one I sent to you, everyone else's looks good. You got dropped from the big PM because I mis-spelled your name, oops! shake

Everyone does...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
janiera wrote:
Peregrine wrote:

Everyone does...

Not everyone hehe

Pere, I'm in also...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, I'll go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still in. Pere, I've heard a rumor that you are running WW games other places BESIDES here on the BGG????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Miles
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Elmonty is out, so we'll need a replacement. And yes, dbmurph, I've run some games on another board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peregrine wrote:
Looks like Elmonty is out, so we'll need a replacement. And yes, dbmurph, I've run some games on another board.

Hey man, more power to you.

But you have mistaken me with Horatio. He is the one that is consumed with the fires of jealousy, not I, and wants you all for himself and BGG. My love for your moderation is pure. With that, I'm ready to be diseased.

"I've got a bad disease......"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Miles
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, you're right! In that case, no, Nelson, definitely not. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks very good...I'm ok starting today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Miles
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay at this point Belash, hibikir, and Bluebehir are the people I haven't heard from, plus we still need a replacement for elmonty. We can play with 12 but I'd prefer 13 if we don't have to wait too long to find someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Hinkle
United States
Twinsburg
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf: Contagious (Starting today!) - NEED 1 PLAYER
Oh, what the hell. My resolve is weak. I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yangfan W.
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm taking a break from Werewolf this week. However:

Quote:
The Contagious know each others identities (Carrier or Infected) but they are not allowed to PM each other.

It seems to me that an Infected should be given limited info. Maybe only of those Infected, not Carriers, since curing one Infected, as the rules stand right now, will result in all Carriers and Infected being exposed. (Think about how the Spawneds in CSW are given no information until they evolve.)

Anyway, maybe I'm not seeing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Peregrine wrote:
Okay at this point Belash, hibikir, and Bluebehir are the people I haven't heard from, plus we still need a replacement for elmonty. We can play with 12 but I'd prefer 13 if we don't have to wait too long to find someone.

I sent you a PM earlier today, and you even replied back!

memory loss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll bite. Join me up, if still looking for another

Javal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Miles
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, sorry hibikir!

Quote:
It seems to me that an Infected should be given limited info. Maybe only of those Infected, not Carriers, since curing one Infected, as the rules stand right now, will result in all Carriers and Infected being exposed. (Think about how the Spawneds in CSW are given no information until they evolve.)

This is a very good point actually. It wasn't my intention to have the Infected who are cured reveal everyone else on the Contagious side. Even having them turn in the Infected would probably make the game far too easy for the humans. I'll have to think about this. I suppose I could just ask people not to reveal this information but it would be hard to have it not guide their voting even so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Miles
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agnespoodle will replace elmonty, Javal will replace Belash. We'll just go ahead and start and hopefully Bluebehir will be active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Miles
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I'm going to alter the rules to prevent the humans from learning about all the bad guys if they cure an Infected. There will now be three levels of infection:

Infected: The lowest level, these guys won't know the identity of any of the others.

Corrupted: After two days of being Infected, the Contagious will move to Corrupted state. At this point they know the identities of all the Contagious and die if they are medically checked, however they cannot pass on the Agent like the carriers can.

Carrier: As normal, if one is alive someone will be infected. Also they will be able to PM each other, I've decided.

The mutation rules will still be in effect, however a Corrupted will mutate into a carrier at that point instead of an Infected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Miles
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf: Contagious - GIP
Okay, we're on! I've PMed out the special roles (Doctor and starting carrier(s)) so if you didn't get a PM from me, you can assume you're a human. Let the fun begin! We're too late tonight to conduct a fair lynch, so I'll set the first lynch date for tomorrow (Tuesday) at 8 pm board time. Keep in mind there really isn't much of a night turn, since there are no night actions besides infection, which I will determine.

Day 1

Your crew of scientists is in a state of panic as it is revealed to everyone that the Agent was released. What will it do? Strange side effects? Changes in brain chemistry? Are we all infected? The corridors of the station are buzzing with talk. It's been decided that there's no way you can let anyone get back to the surface when they might be infected, who knows what could happen! So each day you will vote on one person who will be injected with a long lasting sedative and kept in the sick bay until help arrives and they can be checked by a fully shielded medical team. However there is a lot of discussion about this, as there are significant medical risks and the sedative could even result in death! Several people argue strenuously that even this should not be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
Re: Werewolf: Contagious - GIP
I'm sure I'm missing something (in other words, this is not a rhetorical question):

Why shouldn't the doctor indentify him or herself right off the bat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [35] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.