Popular Tags: [View All]
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Lord of the Rings Part I: Flight to Rivendell!

This is a standard Werewolf game themed around the first half of The Fellowship of the Ring, with some additional rules regarding the One Ring and victory conditions for the villains based on finding the ring-bearer.

THE GAME HAS ENDED IN VICTORY FOR THE NAZGUL

Here is the player/role roster:

1. deadkenny, a villager killed by Nazgul in Old Forest on Night 2
2. jmilum, Glorfindel
3. ptper, Tom Bombadil
4. Noaceyet, a villager technically lynched at Bree, Day 4
5. shugyosha, a NAZGUL
6. melsana, Aragorn
7. spielguy, a villager
8. berserkley, Sam, nailed by Nazgul at Bree on Night 4
9. xandryyte, a villager
10. dbmurph22, Frodo, "killed" by the Nazgul on Night 1
11. silverpenny, a NAZGUL
12. Stuey, a villager, lynched in the Old Forest on Day 2
13. gregarius, a NAZGUL lynched in the Old Forest on Day 3
14. thomasj, a villager lynched at Bucklebury on Day 1
15. dalestephenson, the traitorous Bill Ferny
16. jaredh, a villager
17. arkibet, a villager

----------------------------------------------------

Our alternates are Javal and seanP.

The complete, revised rules for the game are here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthrea...

Please be sure to read the rules and roles today! If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me with your question.

Roles will be sent out shortly to everyone. Once all roles are sent, I will follow-up with an official game-starting post, after which players are free to post and introduce themselves.

Special Note on Role Messages: Role messages are sent to you as letters from Gandalf (good guys) or messages from Sauron (Nazgul and Bill Ferny). These will give you your roles and some explanation of your role, and will help you get into the theme; they are NOT to be referenced or quoted during the game, nor are any private messages from the moderator to be quoted in the public forum thread! Players who violate this rule will find a Morgul Blade wedged deep in their left shoulder!

Additional Rules on Posts and Votes: Editing of posts not permitted. Please spell check your posts before you submit them! Voting is to be done publicly but I will permit provisional voting to be done either publicly or by PM to me. Once your provisions have been met, I will publicly display your vote and the provision(s) that triggered the vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Goodall
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Werewolf: Lord of the Rings Part I - Flight to Rivendell: Starts Today!
Personal note: I have a registration event at school today, will post as soon as I return. Please do not mistake my silence for a desire to be lynched

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roles have been sent to all players. Your role is highlighted in your letter exactly like this text.

If you have any questions regarding your role, please read the rules (see link above) and PM me with your question if the rules don't answer your question.

In the game thread, I will attempt to post narrative text in blue text in order to distinguish it as such, and official "moderator" posts will appear in red text.

The game has now officially begun.
----------------------------------------------------------

“I cannot read the fiery letters,” said Frodo, holding the ring to the light of his small fire.

“There are few now who can," said Gandalf gravely. "The letters are Elvish, but the language is the Black Speech of Mordor, which I will not utter here. But it in the common tongue it says,

One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them
One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.

This is the One Ring, forged in the pits of Mount Doom many ages ago, and taken by Isildur."

Frodo was silent while Gandalf explained to him how the ring had escaped Isildur, how it had come to the creature Gollum and eventually to Bilbo Baggins, and only asked questions when it was unclear how Gandalf had come across such information.

“What must I do?” asked Frodo, suddenly seeing shadows and enemies lurking in the dark corners of his hobbit hole. “The ring certainly cannot stay here in the Shire.”

“No indeed!” replied Gandalf. “It must leave as soon as you are able. I suggest you make for Rivendell; there you and it should be safe, for the time being. What happens after that can be decided later."

Suddenly, a noise just outside the window startled them both. Gandalf moved swiftly to the side of the open window; the bushes rustled slightly, and Gandalf immediately thrust his staff into the midst of the leaves. A loud cry of pain erupted from the bush, and Gandalf bent low to grab the intruder by the collar and drag him in through the window. It was Sam Gamgee.

“Confound you, Sam Gamgee!” Gandalf exclaimed. “Have you been eavesdropping?”

“Begging your pardon, Mr. Gandalf, I ain’t been droppin’ no eaves!”

“Well then, what did you hear? Speak up!” Gandalf barked impatiently.

Frightened, Sam begged, “Please Mr. Frodo, don’t let him turn me into anythin’ unnatural!”

Frodo smiled and laughed gently. “Don’t worry Sam, he won’t harm you, but you’d better tell the truth straight away!”

“All I heard was a lot of talk about a ring and a dark lord and such, though I don’t know what any of it has to do with Mr. Frodo. Please, don’t turn me into a toad.”

Gandalf chuckled. “Oh no, Sam. I have a much better idea. I’m going to send you with Frodo to Rivendell.”

"Rivendell!" exclaimed Sam, suddenly excited. "Did you hear that Mr. Frodo? We're going to see the elves!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

Reminder: Day 0 ends when Aragorn has PM'ed me with a Night 0 vision. This is the ONLY Night 0 action that occurs. Day 1 begins at approximately 1 PM EDT today. Day 1 ends at 1 PM EDT tomorrow, which is first lynch time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there - I would have loved to get a decent role, but I am just a plain old villager. I have no special powers, so there is no need to lynch me at dusk, or to kill me during the night.

I am loyal to the Fellowship, and as you can see on my Badge....Gooooo Frodo.

And to my friend berserkeley, who may or may nor be Aragorn. Don't waste a scan on me. I am not a bad guy, for a change

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand with noaceyet as a simple villager, ready to help all that are free with my meek and feeble talents.

I hope to help Frodo and his companions reach whereever they may be heading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that we should all go into the Shire and have a few ales and laugh about the Good Times. First round's on me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all, I am exctited to be joining you on this quest. I just hope we can sucessfully reach Rivendell before the Nazgul find what they are looking for.

---
OOC:
Wouldn't it suck to loose this part of the quest. It would make part II kind of strange since technically by then the bad guys would have already won the enire series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Scan Noacey oops! Wrong posting! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Have ye heard? All sorts o' wierd goings on in the East! Black Riders and things unnatural, they says!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
OOC:
Wouldn't it suck to loose this part of the quest. It would make part II kind of strange since technically by then the bad guys would have already won the enire series.

The story will be altered as needed to account for this. Although the Nazgul may well win this portion, I will write in an appropriate narrative to allow Part II to go on and have it make some sense. It will be interesting to see what I come up with if that happens. I will consult with Peter Jackson, who seems to be very good at altering Tolkien's work when necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
berserkley wrote:
First round's on me...

This sounds like an excellent idea!

I too am just a simple (though thirsty) hobbit. No one ever believes me when I say that, but it is true nonetheless.

I do have a quick question for the group though-- How many of us are day-posters vs. night-posters? I'd kind of like to have an idea early so we don't lynch somebody for not being online.

I'm a little of both, but my participation may be spotty due to RL concerns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burkhard
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, again, everyone!

Very strange, what with the Dark Riders and this Ring and all. I'll help in any way that I can.

Just call me Nob. I'm working for Butterbur over at the Prancing Pony.

I can bring the provisions, if that will help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregarius wrote:
berserkley wrote:
First round's on me...

This sounds like an excellent idea!

I too am just a simple (though thirsty) hobbit. No one ever believes me when I say that, but it is true nonetheless.

I do have a quick question for the group though-- How many of us are day-posters vs. night-posters? I'd kind of like to have an idea early so we don't lynch somebody for not being online.

I'm a little of both, but my participation may be spotty due to RL concerns.

Well hopefully everyone has made a post in the "get to know your fellow werewolf Players" Thread so we can find that info out there...

But to make it easier. I am a day time poster. I'm excted because this is the first game I've played in (not moderated) that I will actaully be online for lynch hour. Most games I just leave and hope nothing crazy happens in those few hours before lynch time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Don't worry, Arwen will just come to our rescue.

Out of character, I was bummed to have to miss the original LotR game so I am very excited to be involved in Mark's epic saga.

In character, I am a simple hobbit and I never been out o' the Shire before, never mind all the way down to see Elves and what-not.

Sounds a mite scary to me. I'm with the feller that says we should stay in the Green Dragon awhile, build up some courage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shugyosha wrote:
Don't worry, Arwen will just come to our rescue.

Eventually I decided to stick with the books on the Glorfindel/Arwen character. Arwen will not be making an official appearance in any of the games - although if a player wishes to claim to be Arwen, for thematic purposes, far be it from me to stop such a player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone.

Oh hold on.

I am a fake Aragorn and I am a tallie!

Oh, that's not fashionable anymore.......oh well.

Well, I am not a hobbit follower.....but I am a human follower from Bree. I have moderate training in various weaponries and I offer my services. In fact, I have filled my canteen full of ale and I am ready to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burkhard
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregarius wrote:

I will not be able to post in as much as I did with Demon Hill, as I have some RL activities this week (including an 8th Wedding Anniversary outing on Tuesday and perhaps some activities to follow.) I can usually post morning, Mid-afternoon and around Lynching Time. (Also known as "Before the Kids Get Up," "When the Kids Are Napping" and "Try To Get to the Computer at 6:00 p.m. If At All Possible...")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a day poster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deadkenny

jmilum

ptper

Noaceyet
Villager

shugyosha

melsana

spielguy
Villager

berserkeley

xandryyte

dbmurph22

silverpenny

Stuey

gregarius

thomasj

dalestephenson

jaredh

arkibet

Alternates:

Javal

seanp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live a simple life and wish it to remain simple. My goal is to assist this Hobbit I've been told about so the darkness moves further down the road.
It lager luvre
I post day & night, although, for those that have played with me before, I won't be as active....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burkhard
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noaceyet wrote:

silverpenny

Big Pig!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
silverpenny wrote:
I can usually post morning, Mid-afternoon and around Lynching Time. (Also known as "Before the Kids Get Up," "When the Kids Are Napping" and "Try To Get to the Computer at 6:00 p.m. If At All Possible...")

Hey, Silverpenny, you are aware that lynching happens at 1 pm EST, right? So, no need to rush back to the computer at 6:00.

Okay, enough talk of these wondrous strange devices! Bring on the ale! And bring on the fair wenches to serve us! If I'm to be making this journey into dark lands, I would like a beautiful memory to carry with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hey, Silverpenny, you are aware that lynching happens at 1 pm EST, right?

It's 1 PM EDT, but I think we all know what you meant. Also, this is why I am permitting provisional voting, for those individuals who may not be able to be here at that time every day. If you know you won't be back by 1 PM but want to be able to change your vote if something happens, please feel free to PM me your request.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow travelers. I am but a simple hobbit. The great Gandalf asked me to aid in this quest. We were discussing that vile creature Gollum, as I thought I had spotted him prowling around the Shire. I wanted Gandalf to go and kill the nasty things, but he responded:

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

I think we should all take his words to heart and be very careful who we lynch in the coming days....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oops. EDT, EST, what is this crazy time zone thing you speak of?

Actually, just so I'm clear, what is 1 pm EDT in BGG time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [52] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.