Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
45 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Werewolf: Lord of the Rings Part II - Player Roster Set, Accepting Alternates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Atlanta Braves fanMicrobadge: Brigham Young UniversityMicrobadge: Latter-day SaintMicrobadge: Werewolf fanMicrobadge: Apple user
Re: Werewolf: Lord of the Rings Part II SIGN-UP THREAD - Taking Alternates Now
kimapesan wrote:
Oh most certainly. In fact, I think it rather nicely reflects the self-imposed "test" Galadriel undergoes in the book (and film for that matter). Galadriel might well have chosen differently and taken the ring when offered to her... and that pretty much would have been the end of the whole affair. Sauron would have had her and the ring within minutes. sauron
Never underestimate a high-born Noldor. If she had taken the Ring, Sauron would have known he was toast within minutes. All would love her and despair kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: I love playing cards!Microbadge: Revolver: The Wild West Gunfighting Game fanMicrobadge: Whiskey drinkerMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
Frodo requires 3 Corruption. I assume that neither he nor Sam receive corruption for receiving the Ring. They can only receive it from the random selection each night.

If a player is passed the ring, he/she receives an auto corruption point. If the ring is maintained is there a corruption point for each day maintained, or just from the intial pass?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Silver ReviewerMicrobadge: I helped celebrate BGG Werewolf's 10th Anniversary!Microbadge: 2013 Wolfie Award winner
dbmurph22 wrote:
Frodo requires 3 Corruption. I assume that neither he nor Sam receive corruption for receiving the Ring. They can only receive it from the random selection each night.

If a player is passed the ring, he/she receives an auto corruption point. If the ring is maintained is there a corruption point for each day maintained, or just from the intial pass?
First question - correct. Neither Frodo nor Sam get corruption for being passed the ring. Only from the random selection. I felt this necessary because it might become necessary for Frodo to pass the ring early on, and the fellowship would need a trustworthy Sam.

But once it gets to Sam, Sam will be more or less out of options. Anyone else he can pass the ring to WILL get corrupted by the ring (unless he hands it back to Frodo - very unlikely).

Second question - excellent question. No, the person with the ring gets a point upon the initial pass. They then gain from regular random corruption points only. If this weren't the case, then a person other than frodosam that gets the ring merely has to wait to let the ring corrupt him/her fully, and then win the game solely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: I love playing cards!Microbadge: Revolver: The Wild West Gunfighting Game fanMicrobadge: Whiskey drinkerMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
What happens to the ring if a ringbearer is lynched?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gamer GirlMicrobadge: Wonder Woman fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: I hang out at The Village Square
Question:

If one of the other "wolves" votes for the Balrog, could he choose to kill him, hoping to draw out Gandalf, and make that person "safe"?

If he does that and Gandalf is not drawn out, do we find out that it was a "wolf" that was killed, or do we continue to think there are still 2 more left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Gamer GirlMicrobadge: Wonder Woman fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: I hang out at The Village Square
Another question:

What happens if both Gandalf and Boromir are protecting the same person and it is the person who the "wolves" target. Do both Gandalf and Boromir die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mel, others....how do you feel about the ring corruption rules?

Kima: after an attempt is made to steal the ring the first night do corrupted individuals HAVE to try to steal subsequent nights or can they lay low and hope to get it passed to them.

I think this game is going to be great. Love the roles. Ranking roles to be given them is fun, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Silver ReviewerMicrobadge: I helped celebrate BGG Werewolf's 10th Anniversary!Microbadge: 2013 Wolfie Award winner
Good question, Brian... I'll think about that.

Also going to be tweaking the Lurtz and Nazgul again - couple people have shown me how awful the Nazgul is now, so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Question about Lurtz-Boromir....

If Boromir is corrupt, ie. trator, will he still automatically take the lynchee's place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burkhard
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Copper GeeklisterMicrobadge: Copper Session ReporterMicrobadge: Tigris & Euphrates fanMicrobadge: 7 Wonders fan - Scientific Victory!Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
With the start date of LoTR 2.0 pushed back to the 8th of August, I can play.

sauronNazgul, reporting for duty, sir!sauron

(Geez, I might want to change my Avatar by then, I suppose....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Melsana wrote:
Question about Lurtz-Boromir....

If Boromir is corrupt, ie. trator, will he still automatically take the lynchee's place?
ONLY if he does so on the day following his initial attempt to take the ring (e.g., after the night when he originally becomes corrupted), because through that day, he (like any other corrupted) retains his abilities and his 'fellowship' status. After that, however, his abilities are gone. Thus, if he is still alive after that, he is no longer a martyr and no longer helps out if Lurtz attacks.

dbmurph was instrumental in coming up with a thematically and mechanically appropriate set of corruption/stealing rules. Largely, of course, they're based on Boromir.

Boromir was very easily influenced by the ring - and when it had him in its hold, he succumbed and tried to take it. But immediately afterward he realized his error, and died defending the fellowship to the best of his abilities.

But imagine if he had not done so... if he failed to sacrifice then and there, the ring would have grown on his mind more and more... to the point where he would no longer care about the deaths of friends or foes alike. All he would want is the ring... even if that meant letting the orcs slaughter the hobbits, and making a grab for the ring once they were dead.

dbmurph - I would say yes, if the initial attempt fails the person may choose when and how to strike next. At that point, the person no longer CAN win with the fellowship, so it will be up to that person to figure out how to go about things. If the person isn't seen and doesn't get the ring, he/she can try to put up a friendly front while secretly hoping to get Frodo/Sam killed, and thus passed the ring...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
silverpenny wrote:
With the start date of LoTR 2.0 pushed back to the 8th of August, I can play.

sauronNazgul, reporting for duty, sir!sauron

(Geez, I might want to change my Avatar by then, I suppose....)
Excellent. Silverpenny, if you are still alive by the end of the first week and have to drop, ptper will be able to take your place, since he can no longer start on the 8th (camping trip).

And yes, change the avatar - Piglet is too easily corrupted by the ring's influence. sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Re: Werewolf: Lord of the Rings Part II SIGN-UP THREAD
Tarrant has signed on for this one - thanks Tarrant!

One more and we'll have 19 - which I think is the right number for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
We also have newcomer (to WW) Rukasu rounding things out. Welcome!

Roles will be sent out on Monday morning, August 8th. See you all there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Werewolf fanMicrobadge: Conan CCG Contest participantMicrobadge: BrettSpielWelt player
Melsana wrote:
Question:

If one of the other "wolves" votes for the Balrog, could he choose to kill him, hoping to draw out Gandalf, and make that person "safe"?

If he does that and Gandalf is not drawn out, do we find out that it was a "wolf" that was killed, or do we continue to think there are still 2 more left?

Another question:

What happens if both Gandalf and Boromir are protecting the same person and it is the person who the "wolves" target. Do both Gandalf and Boromir die?
Hey Mark were there answers to these questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
From first to last, from last to first, werewolf means *not* being cursed.
badge
Microbadge: Werewolf fanMicrobadge: Teacher of MathematicsMicrobadge: Level 20 BGG posterMicrobadge: Wolf of the WeekMicrobadge: I help make BGG Werewolf possible!
kima - I'll be reading along, so put me down as an alternate.
Good luck to the fellowship!

Javal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I'm a LLamaMicrobadge: Beauty is in the eye of the beholderMicrobadge:  The few, the proud, the exhausted... BGG.CON Team Geek!Microbadge: I've got a theory... it could be bunnies!Microbadge: Gelatinous cube fan
It is Time...

T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Chemical EngineerMicrobadge: Coffee drinkerMicrobadge: Clojure programmerMicrobadge: Apple Cider drinkerMicrobadge: Control Systems Engineer
Tarrant wrote:
It is Time...

T.
Kima replies with a weary sigh, ""When have I been hasty or unwary, who have waited and prepared for so many long years?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Rutgers UniversityMicrobadge: Crokinole fanMicrobadge: Caffeine loverMicrobadge: Apple fanMicrobadge: Disc Golf fan
Hey, it's August 8th. Let's start.

Hello again, I went a little overboard in the last game. I was just a little villager who meant no harm. This time I requested the role of a little innocent hobbit villager again. So, please don't lynch me.

If you are a Nazgul (I guess a Flying one), you can devour me on the first night, I'd be glad to die to protect the fellowship.

OK, where is my e-mail from our TD now.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Patience, grasshopper... I am here, and I will be sending the roles soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |