Thumb up
1 Posts

The Kingdoms of Crusaders» Forums » General

Subject: How to make the game more portable rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
I really like The Kingdoms of Crusaders, and think it's an excellent choice to have on hand for a quick two-player game at a restaurant or at a park. There's only one down-side: the rather unsatisfactory box which houses the game. Aside from the fact that the quality leaves something to be desired, the 185mm x 165mm box is rather cumbersome, unnecessarily large, and doesn't exactly lend itself to being carried around easily and discretely.

But what if the game could be made a little more portable? Something more convenient and carry-able, maybe something that's only about 10% of the original size? Something that could fit in the palm of your hand or your coat pocket?

Well it's easily done. Let's face it, all you really need to play the game is the deck of 56 cards - the remaining components are hardly essential for playing the game anyway. So what I did is make a simple tuck-box out of thin card, just large enough to store all the cards. To retain some of the original flavour, I reformatted and printed a black-and-white image of the box-cover artwork at the appropriate size. Here is the result, compared with the original box which is at least ten times bigger:

Voilà - something eminently portable, which can easily be tucked away in a handbag or stored in a glove compartment, ready for use at a moment's notice! The Kingdoms of Crusaders, I'm taking you on the road!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.