1 Posts

Castle Panic» Forums » General

Subject: Success! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Knutson
United States
flag msg tools
So last weekend we played Castle Panic as a family. My 7 year old son is more of a video gamer (as was I until I got sick of the lack of innovation) so it was hard to get him into certain board games. My 9 year old daughter likes them more because she's much more competitive while he enjoys things more when he's helping. So I figured that Castle Panic might be a good game because the mechanics are simple enough for him but also because I think the idea of working cooperatively instead of against one another is more appealing to him.

So the first time we played, we didn't do any trading and with our hands fully revealed, and no sole victor at the end. My wife and I talked him and my daughter through the mechanics and strategies. They both had a good time despite us winning in a landslide because of the simplified rules.

So next time, I'm considering playing with the variant where the monster pieces are not revealed until they are attacked and having our cards no longer revealed to one and other.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.