2 Posts

Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: 4 players - 2 newbies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Wann
Western Australia
flag msg tools
I went around to my gaming buddy's house to play this game before my night shift started. He was so eager to show me this game. He had been playing it feverishly with his son since it had arrived earlier in the week.

So my wife and I turned up, with me excited to test out this game.

My wife chose a team first, picking the flighty Wood Elves. James (my gaming buddy's son) really wanted to go Humans so i decided to play as a evil team, choosing to bring Chaos into the league. Colin was stuck with the last choice but got to choose his favourite team, the Skaven.

Team selection done we played through 1 week as a dry run so that my wife and I could learn the rules.

We were playing a shortened season due to me having to be at work in a couple of hours.

The first week did not start out so well for me, getting beaten by the humans as i had three players sent off for cheating, effectively handing them the highlight. The Skaven were too crafty for the Wood Elves who must have all been hiding in the trees away from the giant rats as it was an overwhelming victory for the Skaven.

The second week i became more aggresive and managed to win, this time against the Wood Elves while the Skaven managed to pull a close win over the Humans. The humans however were able to win the tournament that had appeared with the Skaven just managing to pip the Wood Elves at the last play of the day.

The last two weeks saw crushing defeats to the Wood Elves while the Skaven Humans and Chaos all managed to pick up team improvements or star players.

Finally time for the Blood Bowl.

The humans were in front and for any chance of another team to win the humans had to lose this week. Unfortunately for my wife the Wood Elves had no chance of getting anywhere near 2nd place. Meanwhile the Chaos and Skaven were after the top position, with a remotely possible win for Sakven but a great chance for the Chaos to win.

In the end it all came down to the last round of plays. The Human's managed to remove possession of the ball from the Wood Elves, but only into the midfield. I had a team improvement that allowe me to claim the ball if it was in midfield which i promptly did playing my Minotaur so that he gained the ball. With this i was confident i would get 2ndthe Blood bowl and thus the season. My hopes were dashed as the Skaven played a star player who stripped me of the ball, but only ending it in midfield.

A quick count of star power resulted in the humans being resoundingly thrashed. Chaos had 15 star power, Wood Elves had 16 and Skaven had 19. With losing possession of the ball i lost second place in the blood bowl and lost by 2 fans to the humans, drawing with the Skaven.

Final count
Humans 18 fans
Skaven 16 fans
Chaos 16 fans
Wood Elves 9 fans

The Wood Elves made a stunning comeback as up until the last week before the blood bowl, they had not collected any fans. The Humans had got out to an early lead, which resulted in every team attempting to destroy the humans at every opportunity.

All up a fun afternoon that i definately want to replicate again. The tension and excitement is great. Especially as you check your cheating tokens to see if you can snatch victory or get condemned to a horrible defeat.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Cormier
flag msg tools
Awesome that you enjoyed the game.

One question - were there 4 highlights each week (and a tourney 1 week)?

With the low fan totals and the fact you only mention a pair of matchups each week it makes me think you were only playing with 2 highlights/week.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.