Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a great time at the Forest Frenzy.

I ended up randomly determining my faction for the tourney and the roll game me the Shadow Elves. I feel pretty comfortable with them, but there are a few factions that can give me trouble. In my deck I have subbed out 4 of the scouts for 4 swordsmen. I really like to concentrate on assassinating the summoner with stalking advance, swordsmen and Xaserbane.

First round I was paired up against Cara and was a little worried about the match-up as she was playing Guild Dwarves which I think are one of the Shadow Elves worse match-ups due to the Defenders being able to block off a lot of lanes to the summoner for the assassination attempts.

It ended up going back and forth and there were a couple of wounds on my Summoner at the end of the game, but I got a Xaserbane charge on Oldin next to a wall and got a couple of wounds and Xaserbane survived the next round. So then a stalking advance helped me get my Hydrake, a Swordsmen and Xaserbane around Oldin on the next turn. Despite rolling 8 dice I think I only got 3 wounds, but the next turn another stalking advance got another swordmaster in with the swordmaster and hydrake to put the last couple of wounds on Oldin.

Round 2 I got paired up against my old man He was running Jungle Elves with 6 elepahts and 2 Jungle Guard instead of some lioneers and lionesses. I had played his deck a few times the other day and was 2-1 against it, but I hadn't played it with my Shadow Elves yet. I figured I had a good chance with Abua Shi being a little fragile and my dad is sometimes a bit over aggressive with him as that ranged attack of three is just so tempting to use

Abua Shi did get real aggressive along with some elephants and lions and had me on the ropes a little with 5 wounds on Selundar at the end of the game, but I only needed to get 5 wounds on Abua and was able to win by doing that. It was a very quick game.

The final round I was up against Jon Merkel's Cloaks, which is a decent matchup for me. Vlox can get around a bit, but at six health he doesn't take a lot of assassination attempts to bring down.

His first turn he spies me and discards my Hyrdrake. I really did not like that start

On a later turn he raided me but I only had two shadows in my hand and I was able to drop them both during his attacks

The end of the game came down to the wire. He was really cautious of Xaserbane and I held him til the very end of the game when I realized I wasn't going to get to sneak and used him with Selundar to take out Scam. Then he used a gunner to block Xaserbane out from getting to his summoner, but I still had an into the darkness to drop him and the last scrapper on the board to open up Vlox to my Xaserbane.

This gave me my third win of the game in a very tight game!

After the tourney we played a six player game of Dungeon Run where I played Varragg and almost won, if only for a couple of rolls to go my way, but Cara played a great game and was able to retrieve the stone for the Phoenix Elves.

I can't wait to play in another SW tourney.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very well done session report and congratulations on the win! This game needs a global tourney! Haha.

I'm interested on how your dad's JE deck operated exactly? I would think it's be a tad bit on the expensive side and I'm not sure how many of the cards in his deck he'd be able to put down, much more the champions. His commons wouldn't be able to take advantage of Chant of Haste either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

About my dad's deck, I think it worked pretty well for him, I think he got third and only lost to me. He also took Mitimumway out for sairook, so really didn't concentrate much on champs. Mostly on Elephants. He still had some archers in there for cheap drops. I don't think he ever ended up playing any jungle guard in any of his games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I got my Tacullu shirt today via FedEx - pretty sweet. I'm going to wear it tomorrow when I have a buddy over for some Summoner Wars action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! I am glad you liked it. I wore my Taculla shirt during the tourney
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.