The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game – Return to Mirkwood» Forums » News

Subject: French spoiler list rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shiv@n Shiv@n
France
POITIERS
flag msg tools
http://sdajce.forumactif.net/t335p15-cycle-ombres-de-la-fore...

During the french distributor meeting the pack was delivered.
There is a french spoiler list if you click on the link above.
I will translate it later if you want !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, please! And thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. After using Google Translate, I think I have a good impression of what's coming.

I'm excited about everything, as always, but most curious about the Neutral Event card.

I've done a bit of extra figuring on my own, so this may not be exactly what the cards will say. I hope I'm close.

Here:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Neutral:

A Shadow of the Past
Event
Cost 2
Move the top card of the Encounter discard pile to the top of the Encounter deck.

Tactics:

Eagles of the Misty Mountains
Ally
Cost 4
Willpower 2
Attack 2
Defense 2
HP 4
Creature. Eagle.
When another eagle character leaves play, you can put it face down on the Eagles of the Misty Mountains, who earns an [Attack] and a [Defense] for each card and placed that way (permanently).

Support of the Eagles
Attachment
Cost 3
Exhaust Support of the Eagles to add the [Attack] or [Defense] of an Eagle in play to the attached hero until the end of the phase.

Spirit:

Traveller of the West Route (?)
Ally
Cost 2
Willpower 2
Attack 0
Defense 0
HP 1
Rohan.
When it enters play, you may exchange the active location with another one. (This is a guess on my part since the Google translation didn't make much sense.)

Astonishing Speed
Event
Cost 3
Until the end of the phase, all Rohan characters get +2 [Willpower].

Lore:

Messenger of Mirkwood(?)
Ally
Cost 3
Willpower 1
Attack 2
Defense 0
HP 2
Sylvan.
When attacking alone, it ignores the enemy's [Defense].

Rumor of the Earth
Event
Cost 0
Reveal the first card from your player deck(?) the encounter deck. Then you may pay a resource to return Rumor of the Earth in your hand.

Leadership:

Sign of the Dunedain
Attachment
Cost 1
Signal.
Gives the attached Hero Sentinel, and has the usual Dunedain action of changing heroes at the cost of a resource from the attached hero's pool.

You enter the Dawn (?)
Event
Cost 2
Play after assigning shadow cards but before resolving any(?): each player may discard one face-down shadow card of an enemy with whom he is engaged.

Leadership Hero:

Dain Ironfoot
Threat Cost 11
Willpower 1
Attack 2
Defense 3
HP 5
Dwarf.
While Dain Ironfoot is ready, Dwarf characters get +1 [Willpower] and +1 [Attack].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiv@n Shiv@n
France
POITIERS
flag msg tools
Rumor of the Earth
Event
Cost 0
Reveal the first card from the encounter deck. Then you may pay a resource to return Rumor of the Earth in your hand.

Note that the cardtexts are not the official one. The man who gives the texts makes it quick and doesn't take the time to write the exact text. But the effects are well describe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the correction.

And yeah, it was pretty evident to me at times that he was paraphrasing.

FFG has been quiet about this pack, so I'm happy to suddenly know a lot about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiv@n Shiv@n
France
POITIERS
flag msg tools
usually, the french distributor only reveal the cards that FFG spoiled earlier.

But this time it's quite special. This weekend happened a kind of convention for the distributor (Edge) where they played with the french version of Massing at Osgiliath (at last we will have it in french...) and some adventure packs were offered/sold (I don't know)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
Wow, thanks!

If those translations are accurate, that Tactics ally (avoiding spoilers) is very, very, very good. Looks like an awesome pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starhawk77 wrote:
Wow, thanks!

If those translations are accurate, that Tactics ally (avoiding spoilers) is very, very, very good. Looks like an awesome pack.

Agreed. This would be a huge boost to the hypothetical Eagle deck.

The attachment too! Just imagine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the heads up. Some very interesting cards as always. The new Rohan event seems far superior to the previous. Has anyone actually put We Do Not Sleep into their deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
rightrhombus wrote:
Starhawk77 wrote:
Wow, thanks!

Agreed. This would be a huge boost to the hypothetical Eagle deck.

The attachment too! Just imagine!

Really surprised not to see Gwaihir. I thought this one was to round up the Eagles, pretty much. Now I think not.

And I feel these two Tactics cards will benefit the Eagle decks tremendously, indeed. Makes sense to keep the Vassal or the Guardian in play just like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Lastly, for now, A Shadow of the Past is super good. I do not think which deck I am going to put this in but in Osgiliath for instance, it can be so helpful, recycling the Rangers once you have got them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpraibis wrote:
Lastly, for now, A Shadow of the Past is super good. I do not think which deck I am going to put this in but in Osgiliath for instance, it can be so helpful, recycling the Rangers once you have got them.

Obviously also against just any scenario featuring objectives you're seeking which may come out as a useless shadow card and would previously not be stageable again until after you've gone through the rest of the encounter deck and randomly found it again (with no guarantee when or whether it won't be a shadow card all over again!).

I'm thinking of clues in HfG, Grimbeorn (or even Bee Pastures) in CatC, Athelas in JtR (also Forest Grove), Gollum in DM, etc.

Now that I think about it, this card may increase the chances of success very much against many known scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Indeed, it may.

Rangers were just the first thing that came to mind. I was often sad leaving them at the crossing of the river, with A Shadow of the Past they may come right away to help questing immediately.

All the other examples are as valid though. What a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalmonkey wrote:
...And speaking of Leadership, I see it's back to its trend of receiving no allies at all. Perhaps that's the point of the sphere - it's concerned with enhancing heroes and how they create and spend resources, but this seems to relegate it to forever being only a support sphere.

As I recall, Leadership was the sphere with the most allies right out of the core box. So at that time, I was supposing that a major theme Leadership would be to get out a large quantity of allies and then to give them mass stat increases as with the For Gondor! event.

For the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle, however, the focus seemed to shift toward multiplayer benefit sharing, which also seemed to me like a theme of Leadership from the start.

Perhaps they are counting on multi-spere decks using Leadership's newer support benefits with all the characters which have appeared in all of the other spheres this whole time. Perhaps we'll see many more Leadership allies in future releases after they've run out of Dunedain attachments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funny, I see it as one of the most powerful abilities out there, +1 Willpower and +1 Attack means almost doubling the utility of all dwarf characters, as questing and attacking are two of the three normal uses of a character and most characters only have 1 Will or 1 attack, it may even make a dwarf tactics deck able to quest!.
That without mention that he's the best defender to this date, 3 Defense and 5 Hit Points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The tactics attachment was just confirmed by the first FFG preview.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2825

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
ins3kT wrote:
The tactics attachment was just confirmed by the first FFG preview.
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2825
They hinted at it in the article, but just to reiterate: Boromir + Vassal of the Windlord + Support of the Eagles = lots and lots of dead enemies. Good stuff.

Also, the enemies look great! Nasty Forced: effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Awesome
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Can't read my POKAH FASE
mbmbmbmbmb
Since support of the Eagles isn't unique, you could have 2 or 3 of them on the same Boromir hero, and proceed to wreck shop. Especially if you use the new eagle card and kill off 4-6 guardians and vassals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elias
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also confirmed is the difficulty level:

Also encounter sets are Wilderlands + Spiders of Mirkwood

holy crap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Keggy wrote:
Since support of the Eagles isn't unique, you could have 2 or 3 of them on the same Boromir hero, and proceed to wreck shop. Especially if you use the new eagle card and kill off 4-6 guardians and vassals.

Yeah, the way I understand it is that a Tactics hero can have two of those attached and use one to boost up defense and the other for attack. Boromir shall particularly take advantage of this, obviously. If he can also gain Sentinel and/or Ranged, he shall be even more of a killer. Then just find way to keep threat low enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like the best player cards really like the new hero, will go well with the 2 Dwarf Tactics heroes (Thalin will have 2 willpower for questing for once!)

Glad to finally see a tactics ally with 2 willpower, and Support of the Eagles looks to be awesome, can't say I really need more attack but the thought of +4 defense on a hero with it is just amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Traveller of the West Route is certainly sexy.

Two willpower for 2 cost is pretty amazing. The Rohan trait is pretty nice too. Dies to Necromancer's Reach though.

Dain II looks nice as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kikel
msg tools
Can anyone confirm if Dain's power applies to ALL dwarves? I.e., all players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fozzwald wrote:

I don't see why it wouldn't, so long as it is worded as stated in the spoiler preview.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Gutowski
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hansolo88 wrote:
fozzwald wrote:

I don't see why it wouldn't, so long as it is worded as stated in the spoiler preview.

You clearly did not understand the question. Was the card spoiled correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |