Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Newman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
According to the Looney Labs web site, they have a few copies left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
You can always just buy stashes and "make your own" version of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Armstead
United States
New Brighton
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen a couple coppies in vairous game stores here in Minneapolis. $39 if I remember right.

The only thing in the box that you can't build from pyrimad stashs are the "suggested rules" cards. Not that you can't make your own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Nord's in Birmingham has a copy on the shelf for $40. I am sure there are others around. You could always trade for one with someone (which is what I did). They also have 'We the People'...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McGuire
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wanna make your own? Here's what you need:
1) 4 stashes of Icehouse pieces. See...
http://www.looneylabs.com/OurStores/product.html?ProductID=4...
2) About 20 each of three colors of little glass beads. You know the type -- some people use them as life counters for M:tG. I've also seen them in aquarium stores and home decorating stores. The standard colors are black, white and opaque light green.
3) A list of beginner rules. In the boxed set these come on cards. You could print out this list: http://wunderland.com/WTS/Kory/Games/Zendo/RulesForBeginners...
4) Something to keep it all in.

Let me emphasize the list of Beginners' Rules. More than once I've seen new players start off with a rule that seemed easy to the master but that turned out to be way too hard for the (also new) students. Please please please, start off with rules that you think are way to easy. I would MUCH rather bore the students for five or ten minutes with a rule that's too easy than have them slog through the game for an hour with a rule that's too difficult, only to have them give up and never play again.

While I'm dishing out the warnings, let me warn against an overload of terminology. It's perfectly fine to play with a rule that introduces the concept of pieces not touching the table and then introduce the word "ungrounded" afterwards. Likewise for many of the other terms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looney Labs now sells the Zendo cards separately. They are available at the Looney Labs web site in the Short Run Depot, which implies they won't be reprinted after the current stock is exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered a copy from these guys but they are now out of stock:

http://www.gameslessordinary.com/

This place seems to have copies for $40:

http://www.warehouse23.com/item.html?id=LAB021

they seem to have it here for $35:

http://www.svgames.com/boardgames-looney.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm completely new to the Icehouse scene, I guess, but I'm interested in Zendo. Would purchasing the cards and a copy of Treehouse be sufficient? Or, do you need more than three pyramids in each color?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One copy of treehouse probably would not be sufficient, as it would limit you too much in what you can and cannot build as koans. For example, it eliminates any "Must contain at least 2 pieces of color X" rules, as you don't have enough to build two examples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the best route to go, then? Individual stashes don't seem to be readily accessible, unfortunately. Should I buy multiple copies of Treehouse? Or, other ideas?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd buy multiple copies of Treehouse. They're the same price as an individual stash, and you get the die from Treehouse with it. You also will get an extra stash of pyramids (Zendo came with 5 triplets of 4 colors, 5 Treehouse sets will give you 5 Trips of 5 colors). Though, as noted, you could probably get away with 4 sets of Treehouse, which would be $4 less (retail) than Zendo was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm doing pretty much the same thing, but going to get 5 sets of Treehouse so I can also play Volcano and some others. And the the volcano caps and set of starter Zendo cards. I've already got a lot of glass beads around to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McGuire
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm doing pretty much the same thing, but going to get 5 sets of Treehouse so I can also play Volcano and some others. And the the volcano caps and set of starter Zendo cards. I've already got a lot of glass beads around to use.

Exactly! 5 Treehouse sets = 5 monochrome stashes. More than enough for Zendo (the standard game of which uses only four monochrome stashes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.