Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Glassco
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
(Cross-posted with the AH Boards)

Over the last few weeks, I have read every post here, on the Avalon Hill Boards, and on the Yahoo BaHoH site. I have pasted every rules question into one file, and every question, session writeup, or comment relating to scenarios into another file organized by scenario.

Over the next few weeks, I will be working on the update. For the Rules update, I may just expand the current FAQ format. For the Scenario fixes, the current plan is to work towards a completely revised downloadable pdf file for both the Survival and Traitor books. I expect to do tweaks on most scenarios for both balance and clarity based on your comments.

In order to work on balancing scenarios, I have also made a database of every single write-up where you reported which side won - whether in offhand comments or detailed, blow-by-blow accounts. I have 117 reports from 62 writers, proving once again the value of these types of sites. This job would not have been possible without all of you.

You might be interested to know that the current ratio of hero-to-traitor victories is 76 to 41. I'll be trying to get those numbers a bit more even, so you can expect some traitor love coming down the pike!

Also, if anyone has any reports on scenarios 7 (Carniverous Ivy), 12 (Fleshwalkers), 26 (Pay the Piper), or 33 (Creature from the Lake), I'd appreciate hearing them, as at present I haven't seen any reports that involve these.

Thanks again for everyone who has helped in this project by writing to these boards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce, thanks for keeping us updated and thanks for ALL of your hard work. What's the word? Heroic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bergeron
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kudos to you Bruce, for having the love for the hobby that leads you to taking up this effort. My only comment is in regards to the traitor/hero balance. It always made sense to me that the heroes won more often; everyone likes the happy ending, and there are more people playing heroes, so more people get to feel like they've won, but the traitor can still feel like he's done a great job by killing heroes, or misleading them, etc. There are some scenarios where it becomes quickly obvious that it is biased in one way or the other, and those should probably be adjusted, but I don't think the goal should be 50/50 on who wins, especially because a traitor that loses one time is much more likely to be a hero that wins next time than a losing traitor again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ryan
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! Here's the Scenarios I've played so far and the results:

Traitor won:
2: The Seance
37: Checkmate
47: Worm Ouroboros

Heroes won:
24: Fly Away Home

I'll post my feedback on these scenarios under separate subjects to avoid spoilers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D
United States
Oneonta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have also posted a seperate article regarding Scenario 50.

- TR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.