Subject: Where is my NH Online? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose MGC
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,
Does anyone know what's wrong with NH Online? It seems a problem with the server since their forum does not work either. In the meantime, I'm craving for a game of this like a junkie... zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Better go to detox - NHO is offline for good. It's stated on it's facebook wall.

They said to share the reasons with people soon, but they haven't yet. I believe Portal or other rights owner is going for their own online version, like that on iOS and that is the reason.

But there are good news: they also said on the wall they are going to create their own game (basing on NHex!) in their own universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey
Russia
St. Petersburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's terrible. I've played over 2k NHO games over a few years and still play it regularly... I mean, played. Since I don't have ios devices and prefer live opponents, I hope there'll be some other, more adequate alternative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose MGC
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really sad. I would not mind an official release and would pay for a more beautiful implementation, but I'm afraid that Portal will focus on their apps for iThings,so if anything is released, it will probably be for Apple users. Which is sad. For I'm not one.

Anyway, I'll keep posted on any news from the NHO guys. The point is their Facebook wall is in Polish, so I'll be more than grateful to read any updates posted here in the BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neuroshima Hex! Online on FB, 12 November at 21:20 wrote (translated by PMD) wrote:
Neuroshima Hex Online, NHO's forum and the whole Open NHO project are shut down. More information on such event's reason will be probably available soon. Fanpages and screenshot will be probably kept on facebook, just to keep nice memories. Thank you for hours of fantastic fun on the server.

I'll try to remember to post translation of new events from NH!O fb's wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose MGC
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks, emancypator! I really appreciate that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it seems it's just as I thought.

From http://neuroshimahex.pl/news/neuroshima-hex-offline
Ender wrote:
I'm sorry to announce that due to Portal's policy changes and selling rights to create Neuroshima Hex PC game, Yggdrasi.pl, server hosting Neuroshima Hex Online, has been closed down.

II Polter's Neuroshima Hex Tournament has been brutally interrupted on
it's final stage, before podium matches.

[there is Ender's commentary how awful he finds that situation]

Situation with Open NHO is similar - work has been abandoned and NHO forum on Yggdrasil has been entirely deleted.

So we have to wait for official version or buy some iStuff and play on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Steurich
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is really too bad. I wanted to see Vegas and Smart!

I played 1000+ games and met some really interesting people from places that I'm not likely ever going to see.

Thanks for all the hard work with programming.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the next online version. Until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys...

I checked recently NHO website http://online.neuroshima.org/. It is written there that Kakalec (NHO's author) died in a motorcycle accident. This may be yet another reason for NHO shutdown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.