Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Charlie and I sat down last night for a run through of Hansa. We preferred to play this 4 player, but some folks balked at learning a new game without anyone having any experience. So... we became the lab rats! I have owned this game for a few months but just hadn't managed to break it out yet. Now things have changed, and I can forsee us enjoying this one quite a bit in the future.

We both started out the game trying to group our market booths fairly close together for convenient scoring. I seemed to gravitate to the left of the board, while Charlie was more center and right. This made it interesting... both of us trying to score points and leave the boat dep within our own territory so as to cost the other more talers to do anything worth while. Charlie tended to replenish more than I did... if it was cheaper for him to replenish rather than move out of his areas he would.

Towards the end we both began attempting to distribute our booths around the board for additional vps. In the end, I came out on top but only by a few points (sorry, I forgot to record them). We both very much enjoyed it, and are now itching to play a game with the full four players.

I'm curious to know how it will change... I'm planning on maximizing what I can get, rather than worrying about screwing the others. I figure with 4 it will be much more chaotic, but I'm anticipating even more fun along with that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.