United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
I had my doubts about this show, but it's shaping up to be a pretty good show. The wife and I are hooked!

Michelle and I are picking Jordis for the win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kidd
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I don't know anything much about this show, but it would just seem strange to me to have an American leading INXS.

Just like AC/DC, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Us Amazing Race fans just look down on you and are glad we're not like you.shake

Of course you probably look down on the Judge Judy fans...kiss

And then the Judge Judy fans look down on the Jerry Springer fans......gulp

So are LARPers the equivalent of Jerry Springer fans? In that case, you guys are like miniatures gamers.yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Acosta
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OzGamer wrote:
I don't know anything much about this show, but it would just seem strange to me to have an American leading INXS.

Just like AC/DC, really.

Brian Johnson was born in Newcastle, England... I don't understand your correlation.

*Edit* Duh.. Australians.. Hello? My brain took me a minute to connect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I knew there just HAD to be someone out there that actually liked this misbegoten drivel. Michael Hutchence is probably spinning furiously in his grave and would hang himself in shame, if he could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
Well, I knew there just HAD to be someone out there that actually liked this misbegoten drivel. Michael Hutchence is probably spinning furiously in his grave and would hang himself in shame, if he could.

Yes, and what a good trick that would be! Especially since his ashes were spread all over Sydney Harbour. Woo!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Yes, and what a good trick that would be! Especially since his ashes were spread all over Sydney Harbour. Woo!!

So that's what all of that murky crap in Sydney Harbour was!

"P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney", indeed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M G
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:

And how kind of you to chime in for the sole purpose of putting down anyone who enjoys the program!

It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it might be, though INXS fronted by someone other than Mr. Hutchence seems… wrong. They should have just scrapped it and started over, instead of trying to cash in on past fame and faded glory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kidd
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
redgamer wrote:
It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it might be, though INXS fronted by someone other than Mr. Hutchence seems… wrong. They should have just scrapped it and started over, instead of trying to cash in on past fame and faded glory.

Actually, INXS has been performing for the last few years fronted by Jon Stevens who was, amongst other things, lead singer of 80s/90s Australian band Noiseworks and played Judas in the early 90s Australian updated production of Jesus Christ Superstar. He quit INXS last year, I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M G
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OzGamer wrote:
Actually, INXS has been performing for the last few years fronted by Jon Stevens who was, amongst other things, lead singer of 80s/90s Australian band Noiseworks and played Judas in the early 90s Australian updated production of Jesus Christ Superstar. He quit INXS last year, I believe.

Yep, Paul, you’re right, and I guess I should have pointed that out before my comment above.

blush

Anyway, whoever fronts them, it still seems strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redgamer wrote:
And how kind of you to chime in for the sole purpose of putting down anyone who enjoys the program!

So sorry...were those your Wheaties I peed in? I'll have to aim better next time. Good to know that I am not permitted to have an opinion and air it openly. Cheerio!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M G
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
So sorry...were those your Wheaties I peed in? I'll have to aim better next time. Good to know that I am not permitted to have an opinion and air it openly. Cheerio!

Hey man, if you can’t see how someone could take your comment the wrong way, I’m not going to waste my time trying to point it out to you.

Oh, and I don’t like Wheaties, so that wasn't MY cereal you peed in. surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chas Hartman
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mb
*FIRST POST*

Yeah, I've actually found this show really enjoyable. Like a true music geek, I tape every episode and edit out the commercials. My four favorites have been Jordis, Marty, Suzie and Mig. Up until last night, I was picking Jordis, but Marty impressed the hell out of me with his stripped-down acoustic version of the Killers song.

Anyone plan on watching Tommy Lee Goes To College? I can't wait to see him cleaning toilets during frat pledge week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that Mig will be the next lead singer of INXS. He is the complete package. He has the voice, he has the stage presence, he has the looks. I feel that the members of INXS will be most confident that Mig is the one who can handle the job of fronting the band.
If anyone disagrees, I've got 5 that says Mig will win, but you've got to lay me 3-1 odds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anye Freer
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only seen the show once (I'm staying with friends who watch it, and I sat in to be polite because I'm not a big reality TV fan) and though I thought Jordis is an amazing singer and definitely the best of the bunch, I honestly don't think she's right for INXS (neither are any of the other women IMO). I think she should start a new band, after the show she probably could drum up some pretty good talent to back her.

Her voice IS amazing though, I loved her singing the David Bowie song that got her the encore.

Not sure who I think will win. One week wasn't enough to tell. Marty seemed pretty good, but so was Mig. I could do without Senor Scruffy though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
http://www.votefortheworst.com/rockstar.html wants everyone to vote for Jessica...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hall
United States
Lake Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I 've always liked INXS- really and especially the early stuff (Underneath the Colours). My lots with Mig and Marty. The most difficult part of the show is just "Being Human." shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kane Klenko
United States
Ridgeway
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's over now. I actually picked JD to win after the first week of the show. It didn't look good after his horrendous We Are the Champions, but I stuck with him. I also correctly predicted every single week who would get voted off (although I didn't see it coming when they got rid of 2 people in one week). Does that make me some sort of genious or something? Yah, probably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
J.D. came on really strong in the final four or five episodes. It was amazing how much he improved from some of his mediocre early performances. In the end, I think it was the soulful, R&B sound of J.D.'s voice that won over the members of INXS. It is the best fit for the type of music they make.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad JD won, he really turned things up several notches toward the end.

However, it wasn't a shock. You knew the girl was going to go, I think they just kept her around because everyone said that they would never make a woman lead singer of INXS. I think they gave her that Four Non Blondes song as a sort of private joke, because she sounded just like that. Hey, it's good for a novelty song, but I think the absence of FNB on the current music charts attests that maybe that wasn't the best style to emulate.

Then Mig turned in a surprisingly lackluster Bohemian Rhapsody (he really should've picked something else...) You knew he was gone. Marty did a great "Wish You Were Here", but while jamming with INXS it was clear Marty belonged more with an alt rock band while JD hit a home run.

I hope they succeed, man. I had forgotten how much I liked some of these INXS songs. I'll probably pick up the new CD when that comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.