Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brian reardon
United States
san mateo
California
flag msg tools
Hello all,

I just read several reviews for 'Citadels' and decided I must purchase this game. To my dismay, I discovered this game is now out of print.soblue Does anybody know if this is permanent or are they reprinting a new improved version? If anyone can fill me in, I would be truly grateful. Thanks.

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brainiac74 wrote:
Hello all,

I just read several reviews for 'Citadels' and decided I must purchase this game. To my dismay, I discovered this game is now out of print.soblue Does anybody know if this is permanent or are they reprinting a new improved version? If anyone can fill me in, I would be truly grateful. Thanks.

b

It's not Out of Print. Out of Print is a term that gets used to much on BGG when really it's Temporarily Out of Stock (TOS). Fantasy Flight Games is going to release an expansion to Citadels, I'm sure the base set will be back in stock before they start selling the expansion.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/citadels.html

I'm certainly no expert on game publishing, but I imagine game print runs must be ordered months in advance. And I imagine companies don't have a lot money to spend large risky print runs.

And if you really want it, I do have a shrink wrapped copy I'd be happy to sell you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Boone
United States
Berea
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
There's an expansion in the oven, so I'm sure the game wouldn't be out of print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.T. Kauffman
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BookandGame wrote:
I'm certainly no expert on game publishing, but I imagine game print runs must be ordered months in advance.

Yes, they do. A quick U.S. print run is about 2 months for a card game with no bits, and this one might be produced overseas... somewhere... which is usually a 2 month ship time. Of course, they might be a few months into the multi-month process already, but I'd say that it could be back in stock anywhere from immediately to within the next few months.

Though I'd guess that there are plenty of copies floating around distribution, and BGG (as shown above)

jt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
ThoughtHammer.com and HobbiesAndGames.com do not show it as out of stock, and H&G specifically says it's in-stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It's not Out of Print. Out of Print is a term that gets used to much on BGG when really it's Temporarily Out of Stock (TOS).

Unfortunately, in the gaming world, temporarily out of stock and out of print are often synonymous. In the publishing world, out of print means that whatever (game, book, etc.) is no longer available from the publisher. Whether this is because the publisher has no intentions of republishing the item in question or happens to be caught between print runs is immaterial -- it is still out of print. An excellent example of this is Goa, which has been out of print since the latter part of last year, but is due for a new edition later this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian reardon
United States
san mateo
California
flag msg tools
Thank you for all of your replies... I'm relieved that I should still be able to get this game. I will give ThoughtHammer.com and HobbiesAndGames.com a try. Again, thanks.

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian reardon
United States
san mateo
California
flag msg tools
Thank you for all of your replies... I'm relieved that I should still be able to get this game. I will give ThoughtHammer.com and HobbiesAndGames.com a try. Again, thanks.

b

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike zebrowski
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
BookandGame wrote:
I'm certainly no expert on game publishing, but I imagine game print runs must be ordered months in advance. And I imagine companies don't have a lot money to spend large risky print runs.

It is also a good idea to let the demand build for a bit before re-printing a game. It allows the publisher to re-coup the printer cost more quick, which works wonders for cash flow.

Mike Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brainiac74 wrote:

b

I believe most online stores have it like fairplaygames.com or gamesurplus. so you don't have to worry about it being oop. ordered mine back in may still not getting it yet since palazzo is holding up the entire order. angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.