Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Second week in a row for this Sid Sackson re-make of his earlier Das Superblatt. This time, I was joined by early birds John Moore and Eric Alleman.

I described the game in detail in last week's report, so I'll just relate the scores and details of this game here. As always, we use the advanced version wherein players have cards in their hands which they can play, and cards may be played on an opponent's stack of treasures or your own.

Eric and I completed round one in a tight race, while John was swamped with only three points. The race continued to be tight between Eric and I following round two, but Eric only managed three points in the final round. John made a late game charge, but fell just short of catching me:

Round-by-round scores:

Greg: 21 + 12 + 10 = 43
John: 3 + 15 + 20 = 38
Eric: 18 + 12 + 3 = 33

Contrary to a few opinions I've heard, I don't find every move in this game to be obvious. Many times there is a card I want to take, but indoing so would uncover a card which my opponent could take which would benefit him or hurt me. Further, deciding when to play a card from my hand versus taking one from the table can sometimes be tough. Sure, many moves are obvious, but several aren't' and cause some angst. I enjoy the game and feel it will be a regular on our table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.