Subject: What to do when one runs out of markers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
In case a player runs out of markers but still would be able to legally claim unoccupied and undisputed land if he had more, is his score for that round capped at 20 (i.e., the number of player markers), or is it adjusted accordingly? The rules do not make this very clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz-Benno Delonge
Germany
München
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
No, there is no "cap". It should occur very rarely that on player runs out of markers. But it can only happen when counting the points at the end of the game. So it is no problem to just add the additional points to the number of markers.
Greetings
Benno
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Many thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bennodelonge wrote:
No, there is no "cap". It should occur very rarely that on player runs out of markers. But it can only happen when counting the points at the end of the game. So it is no problem to just add the additional points to the number of markers.
Greetings
Benno

Who's Benno, and is his ruling official? But thank you anyway.. I'll take this until I get an official one! (Or until I stand corrected.. Who's Benno?!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
princemousey wrote:
bennodelonge wrote:
Greetings
Benno

Who's Benno, and is his ruling official? But thank you anyway.. I'll take this until I get an official one! (Or until I stand corrected.. Who's Benno?!)

Are you trying to be funny?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snoozefest wrote:
princemousey wrote:
bennodelonge wrote:
Greetings
Benno

Are you trying to be funny?

No, I wasn't. I just realised he was the designer when I did some checking AFTER you replied, so in a way, thanks for your reply!

And thank you, Benno!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I couldn't tell! It just seemed like you might have been making a joke -- you just can't tell online. Anyway, just FYI he passed away a few years ago. If you're interested in his games, check out Container: it was his last published game (I think it was actually released after his death) and is very unlike his others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.