Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
June 6, 1944--The English Channel

Allied forces attempting an amphibious assualt on the coast of France at Omaha Beach were repelled by a resistant and strong German defense. Led by the 116th and 16th Regimental Combat teams, including elements of the 741st and 743rd Tank Batallions, and one unit of US Army Rangers, the Allies met entrenched and fortified German troops and artillery. Under whithering fire and precision artillery strikes, Allied forces were able to cross the beach at the Fox, Easy, Dog, and Charlie landing grids and remove the heavy concentrations of barbed-wire at E-3, E-1, D-3, and D-1. The German counter-attacks were brutal in their response and the Allies suffered heavy losses.

Allied tanks made it as far inland as Saint-Laurent-sur-Mern but without air support or concentrated artillery barrages of their own, the Allied forces soon lost their foothold and retreated back to the beach. It was this final retreat and the losses caused by it which gave the Germans their victory.

At this point in the war the Axis have gained a total of 30 Victory Points (6 in this battle) compared to the Allied total of 22 (only 2 in this battle), the Germans handing the Allies their third straight defeat and pulling well ahead in the overall military campaign.

My wife, Helenoftroy, again handed me a loss! I took a huge loss on the beach, but once I broke through to the French countryside with my tanks I thought I had her for sure. Her skill, and the cards she drew, decided otherwise for me.

Another great session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.