GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,232 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Napoleon: The Waterloo Campaign, 1815» Forums » Rules

Subject: Road limits and Reinforcements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fleegal miester
msg tools
According to 3rd ed. ruleset 5.3 Major roads have a 10 unit limit while minor have 6. "Once the maximums are met for any road along any road section, the road is closed to further movement for that Campaign turn" Does this apply to reinforcements? If, for instance, I attacked with ten units on a major road, could I then reinforce from the same town I attacked from once the battle is underway? Also are my forces in adjacent towns subject to the road limits as well? Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a rules lawyer, but I would think that reinforcements do not count toward the 10 unit max.

Here's why: The units that moved into the city filled the road to capacity while they were moving into the city. Once they are in the city, and in battle...they are no longer on the roads. Since they are no longer on the roads, but engaged in battle in the city, the roads are clear for other units to move on them...ie. reinforcements.

Now, perhaps the maximum reinforcements moving on the road during the battle might be 10...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Road limits of 10 and 6 only apply during movement. There are separate road limits that apply during battle turn retreats and reinforcements (2 major and 1 minor per battle turn) . Version 3.2 specifies that "Units may reinforce along a road section regardless of how many units moved along the section during the movement phase." Also regrouping after a battle is subject to the 2/1 limits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.