GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,304 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
43 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Chaos in the Old World: $1.50!!!??!? - Please Post Updates Only, no debates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The other thread got locked for flames, but I'm sure everyone who had an order would like to hear if anyone receives word from the seller (or amazon, etc.). If you do have an update regarding your order status from that deal, please post it here. If you don't have any such updates, please don't post here. Thanks.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I spoke with Amazon on the phone today. I filled in on the too good to be true prices and the seller's history. The person I spoke with thought I should file an A to Z claim after the arrival date had past and they said it shouldn't be a problem getting a refund.

As of today, I have yet to get a response from the seller after a few attempts at correspondance.

Someone had posted that the seller had put up a new storefront. I would love to know what/where that was.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool User
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bmayer wrote:
I spoke with Amazon on the phone today. I filled in on the too good to be true prices and the seller's history. The person I spoke with thought I should file an A to Z claim after the arrival date had past and they said it shouldn't be a problem getting a refund.

As of today, I have yet to get a response from the seller after a few attempts at correspondance.

Someone had posted that the seller had put up a new storefront. I would love to know what/where that was.


They don't have a new storefront. If you go to amazon and click on your open order, you will see the new name, but obviously it's the same company since it was updated in the order. Their storefront under the new name is still blank. (Sorry I don't remember what the new name is at the moment.)



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis O'Connor
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cool username wrote:
bmayer wrote:
I spoke with Amazon on the phone today. I filled in on the too good to be true prices and the seller's history. The person I spoke with thought I should file an A to Z claim after the arrival date had past and they said it shouldn't be a problem getting a refund.

As of today, I have yet to get a response from the seller after a few attempts at correspondance.

Someone had posted that the seller had put up a new storefront. I would love to know what/where that was.


They don't have a new storefront. If you go to amazon and click on your open order, you will see the new name, but obviously it's the same company since it was updated in the order. Their storefront under the new name is still blank. (Sorry I don't remember what the new name is at the moment.)





booksplus1
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Their lack of communication is really unacceptable. They really need to get some sort of message out, even if it is bad news.

However, it looks like me to be simple incompetence, not malicious intent. I can't see any upside for them even to hold onto these funds.

Also, here is the original post for reference.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sabrina K
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The person I spoke with thought I should file an A to Z claim after the arrival date had past and they said it shouldn't be a problem getting a refund.


The arrival date is Jan 6th, does Amazon really think you should let a company hold your money for well over a month? Considering the closing the storefront, changing store names and lack of response?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to best protect yourself it might be best to simply call your credit card company to dispute the charge. As I said in the other thread, I do hope everyone either gets their product or more likely a prompt refund.

Does Amazon have some sort of policy for banning sellers? It seems if enough people complain perhaps they will look into doing that?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
no debate? when you post in "hot deals" a discussion of a non-deal announcement? Oh Osirus you do not live up to your name
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb

I had posted a thread about this earlier in the Discussing Retailers section here.

Not sure which is the more appropriate place to discuss this.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Has anyone tried to cancel an order from this company, and no one would cancel it?

It seems like the best interest of the company to quickly and with great enthusiasm accept a cancelled order of an obvious mistake on their part.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, my order charges are still only pending. I assume that this means the order process follows standard Amazon rules, which is to keep the charges pending until the items ship. Is it different for anyone else?

I don't care about the amount it cuts into my credit limit, really, but it's pretty unfortunate for debit card users. Then again, I don't think anyone should ever use a debit card for online purchases.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DanKD wrote:
In order to best protect yourself it might be best to simply call your credit card company to dispute the charge. As I said in the other thread, I do hope everyone either gets their product or more likely a prompt refund.


yes calling credit card company is best step unless one believes they will really get their gamess.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
Avatar
mb
Amazon A to Z is prob. a less frustrating way to get your money back when compared to doing a cc chargeback. Amazon generally sides with caution with the buyer. They really make it painless. The company also has less time to dilly dally when compared to a chargeback.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Urich
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
I can't see any upside for them even to hold onto these funds.


The upside would include keeping the money for anyone who doesn't complain (doesn't remember the order from months before, doesn't want to be bothered, etc.). It could also be used for more sophisticated purposes, like getting better credit rates, better leverage in negotiations, or other benefits available when showing a higher volume of orders than you really fulfill.

The risk of going to jail or such seems like it far outweighs the reward though, so I'm not trying to imply malicious intent is likely.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved this one to Discussing Retailers
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jfro wrote:
Amazon A to Z is prob. a less frustrating way to get your money back when compared to doing a cc chargeback. Amazon generally sides with caution with the buyer. They really make it painless. The company also has less time to dilly dally when compared to a chargeback.


except amazon asking buyer to wait til january 7. that's 5-6 weeks after purchase date. i guess if this is fraud, there is no time limit to contest charges but personally i'd rather take care of by then.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies for posting out of keeping with the OP's intentions for this thread, but as an Amazon Seller, I thought I'd provide some helpful information for those in order limbo:

1. from Amazon's own Terms and Conditions:
Quote:
We will not debit money from your credit/debit card until just before your item/items are dispatched.
The seller's trading account with Amazon will only be credited when they mark an order as 'shipped' (although an unscrupulous seller could do this fraudulently). Amazon 'pays' the seller (settlement) every 14 days.

2. Amazon do ban seller's with a poor performance record. A ban is permanent - you can't open a new account from the same address. Amazon guard their good name very carefully and don't want it ruined by dodgy traders.

3. If you don't receive the goods, an A-Z claim is the way to go. It is the best indicator to Amazon that the seller's performance is not up-to-scratch. It doesn't take many A-Z's to get a ban.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hamen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Music sucks now....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, this is really weird. I sent the seller a message a few days ago with no response. I haven't thought much of the transaction and wasn't planning to until I got a response or the time was up and I am able to place an A-Z claim. The strange this is though, I checked my bank account just now, and there is no sign they ever charged me, even though the transaction went through the night I placed the order. I can't find on my bank statement that money was ever withdrawn or deposited for my 90 dollar purchase. I just have the 90 dollars back in my account somehow. What's even weirder, is that my transaction is still showing up as a paid for open order on my amazon account. I have absolutely no idea what's going on.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis O'Connor
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gentlegiantglass wrote:
OK, this is really weird. I sent the seller a message a few days ago with no response. I haven't thought much of the transaction and wasn't planning to until I got a response or the time was up and I am able to place an A-Z claim. The strange this is though, I checked my bank account just now, and there is no sign they ever charged me, even though the transaction went through the night I placed the order. I can't find on my bank statement that money was ever withdrawn or deposited for my 90 dollar purchase. I just have the 90 dollars back in my account somehow. What's even weirder, is that my transaction is still showing up as a paid for open order on my amazon account. I have absolutely no idea what's going on.


Same thing for me, the order is open but the money is back in my account, pretty odd.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TravmacDaddy wrote:
gentlegiantglass wrote:
OK, this is really weird. I sent the seller a message a few days ago with no response. I haven't thought much of the transaction and wasn't planning to until I got a response or the time was up and I am able to place an A-Z claim. The strange this is though, I checked my bank account just now, and there is no sign they ever charged me, even though the transaction went through the night I placed the order. I can't find on my bank statement that money was ever withdrawn or deposited for my 90 dollar purchase. I just have the 90 dollars back in my account somehow. What's even weirder, is that my transaction is still showing up as a paid for open order on my amazon account. I have absolutely no idea what's going on.


Same thing for me, the order is open but the money is back in my account, pretty odd.


It was likely a preauthorization that they let expire, not an actual charge.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hamen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Music sucks now....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So do I just request a cancellation at this point or is what's done is done? I sure don't want them to try and charge me again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
sbilbey wrote:
1. from Amazon's own Terms and Conditions:
Quote:
We will not debit money from your credit/debit card until just before your item/items are dispatched.
The seller's trading account with Amazon will only be credited when they mark an order as 'shipped' (although an unscrupulous seller could do this fraudulently). Amazon 'pays' the seller (settlement) every 14 days.


Check the post right above you - this is why the charges never went though. Only authorization. Right before the seller ships this (they will, right? shake ) then you get billed.

I think right now the cancellation request gets replied by the seller. However, the Amazon A-Z guarantee kicks in once the ship date passes by and no goods etc. I could be wrong on that - recalling what was said earlier in this thread or another related thread.

EDIT: Messed up the quotes. Twice!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Knight Games
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iguano wrote:
Only authorization.

iguano is correct. Amazon use pre-authorisation, which means the funds are ear-marked (and taken off your credit limit), but you are not actually charged at the time of purchase.

iguano wrote:
However, the Amazon A-Z guarantee kicks in once the ship date passes by and no goods etc. I could be wrong on that

An A-Z Guarantee claim is not automatic. You have to raise one with Amazon - there should be a button on your orders page. Here's some more from Amazon's Help pages.
wrote:

The guarantee claim eligibility window for a non received item opens at 3 calendar days past the maximum estimated delivery date (EDD) for an order or 30 days from the order date, whichever is sooner.


Amazon also have some information on the difference between an A-Z claim and a chargeback.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Oops - thanks for clarifying. yeah, meant you can't invoke the A-Z guarantee until ship date passes by (or 30 days from order date.) At that point, the ability to file a claim to the A-Z guarantee kicks in.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well they do continue to get some negative feedback (as well as a lot of positive ones) but it looks like there is still some hope as someone left some positive feedback on a game related item.

Quote:
5/5:
"Warhammer Wood Elf Glade Guard arrived quickly and was well packaged. Very pleased with service!"
Jonathan O., November 30, 2011



The waiting continues...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.