GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,766 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

The Ares Project» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cybernetics and Evolve cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cybernetics tech facility

I can power it up and reassign techs. How exactly do I do that? Do I take all techs from units and from the pool and assign to units only those techs I need and can power up leaving the rest in the pool? Or do I leave the techs I don't want to reassign where they are - moving only those to the pool that I have to move by assigning second tech to the unit?

Example: I have Heavy Tanks with Tac Sensors, Recon with Stingers and Stealth with Automation. I power up Cybernetics and want to reassign only Automation to Heavy Tanks. I spend 2 power tokens to assign Automation to Heavy Tanks. Then I take Tac Sensors from the tanks and move it to the tech pool. I can leave unpowered Stingers with Recon or move it to the pool.
Is that correct?


Evolve gene cards

They can be assigned in chain. Can I discard one of the evolve cards that it would break that chain? Or in this case I need to discard from the last chained evolve gene?

Example: I have Soldiers that were evolved to air units and then from air to armor units. Can I discard the gene that changed them from infantry to air units or I have to start discarding from the end of the chain - air to armor first?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chaltura wrote:
Cybernetics tech facility

I can power it up and reassign techs. How exactly do I do that? Do I take all techs from units and from the pool and assign to units only those techs I need and can power up leaving the rest in the pool? Or do I leave the techs I don't want to reassign where they are - moving only those to the pool that I have to move by assigning second tech to the unit?

Example: I have Heavy Tanks with Tac Sensors, Recon with Stingers and Stealth with Automation. I power up Cybernetics and want to reassign only Automation to Heavy Tanks. I spend 2 power tokens to assign Automation to Heavy Tanks. Then I take Tac Sensors from the tanks and move it to the tech pool. I can leave unpowered Stingers with Recon or move it to the pool.
Is that correct?


Techs that are assigned to buildings have to end up assigned to a building, and can't be rotated. (e.g. you can't turn Tac Sensors into Quick Draw). And once you pay the power to 'turn on' Cybernetics you can reassign all techs - you don't have to pay two power for each tech you move.

And the Terrans can always leave a tech unpowered, even if it is attached to a building. You can mix and match what you want to activate each Battle.

Quote:
Evolve gene cards

They can be assigned in chain. Can I discard one of the evolve cards that it would break that chain? Or in this case I need to discard from the last chained evolve gene?

Example: I have Soldiers that were evolved to air units and then from air to armor units. Can I discard the gene that changed them from infantry to air units or I have to start discarding from the end of the chain - air to armor first?


You can discard any evolve card, but it is possible that 'later' evolve cards won't make sense any more, and just wouldn't do anything.

For example, if you have soldiers, and evolve inf->air, and then evolve air->arm, if you discard the inf->air card, the Soldiers go back to being infantry, and the air->arm card doesn't do anything.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Two more.

Could Evolve cards be placed on Queen Strike card to change "air Queen" to a different type of Queen?

What does happen to Queen Strike card after battle she survived? Does it come back to Gene Pool or stay in base as a building with air unit on it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chaltura wrote:
Thanks. Two more.

Could Evolve cards be placed on Queen Strike card to change "air Queen" to a different type of Queen?

What does happen to Queen Strike card after battle she survived? Does it come back to Gene Pool or stay in base as a building with air unit on it?


No. The Queen can't evolve. She's always a flying unit. Gene cards can only be attached to 'Buildings' not 'Special Buildings'.

The card is discarded after it is used in a Battle. This is noted on the bottom of the card.

Geoff
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek
Poland
Rzeszow
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, it's on the card. Didn't read carefully. Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.