Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were ready to launch into a game of Trade Winds, an old Parker Brothers board game, when Jon Pessano and Rich McKiernan arrived. I gave up my seat so I could involve them in a game, so we were joined by Shay for a game of Dirk Henn's wonderful Iron Horse. Shay had played before, but both Jon and Rich were new to the game. Only a few turns into the game, Jon began inquiring as to where he could purchase a copy! This shouldn't surprise me, though, as Jon hasn't met a game he dislikes!!

I knew I was in trouble early as several of my trains were targeted for early closure by my opponents. Shay seemed to be performing the best, but this was eventually spotted and her remaining trains were forced to close early. Ultimately, Rich managed to score a few impressive lines and claim the victory:

Rich 58, Jon 54, Shay 47, Greg 43

Ratings: Greg 8, Shay 7, Jon 7

Tradewinds mercifully finished at about the same time we completed Iron Horse. No one enjoyed the experience and Brent was even hesitant to trade or sell the game for fear of angering someone! Geez ... I'm glad I opted out so I could play Iron Horse!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.