GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,766 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Here I Stand» Forums » Rules

Subject: Corsairs destroyed via Piracy vs. Ships lost in combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly a silly rules question but here goes.

In the rules it clearly states that units lost during combat are eliminated and placed on the turn track to come back next year (Step 10 of rule 16.2). However in the Piracy section there is no mention that eliminated units (whether it is a corsair or a fleet) have to wait a turn to be rebuilt. Is this intentional or should a player assume that the unit does not come back until next turn?

(I'm asking this because in my current PBEM game, the Hapsburg player is stating I am unable to rebuild my Corsair which was just lost)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That's not my name.
msg tools
mbmbmb
In the 2010 rules update, a reworded line in 17.2 specifically addresses this:

Quote:
Naval units may be constructed in any friendly home port that is not occupied by enemy units. Naval units lost by any method cannot reenter play on the turn in which they were eliminated. When a naval unit is lost, place it on the Turn Track in the box provided for the next game turn.

So your Hapsburg player is correct, they can't be rebuilt on the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Sure wrote:
In the 2010 rules update, a reworded line in 17.2 specifically addresses this:

Quote:
Naval units may be constructed in any friendly home port that is not occupied by enemy units. Naval units lost by any method cannot reenter play on the turn in which they were eliminated. When a naval unit is lost, place it on the Turn Track in the box provided for the next game turn.

So your Hapsburg player is correct, they can't be rebuilt on the same turn.

Thank you for the quick reply! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.