1 Posts

Quarriors! Rise of the Demons» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Quorrupted! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ururam Tururam
flag msg tools
Experimenting Warlock
Caffa et bucella per attractionem corporum venit ad stomachum meum.
The first regular Quarriors expansion adds three new types of dice to the game:

thumbsup one new monster set (with four cards), the Demonic Overlords;
thumbsup one new spell set (also with four cards), the Corruption;
thumbsup a “hot potato” Corrupted Quiddity dice set; dice that no one wants to have (along with its one card).

It also contains ten new cards that add new “corrupted” versions to the already existing creature sets.

Mechanics-wise it also has a few new features including: a possibility to cull dice to the opponents’ dice pools instead of usual culling to the wilds, losing glory points, and permanently removing dice from the game. It also includes damage prevention, a feature that was already present in the Quaxos promo expansion.

I think that no Quarriors fan should be disappointed by this expansion. It really expands the base game and it does not change it. The amount of player-player interactions is slightly larger, and the gameplay lasts a bit longer (yet not much longer which is important). The fun factor of the base game is fully preserved. A number of new combos and anti-combos between various creatures and spells appear. The new versions of old monsters are playable and innovative.

Myself I will not play without Rise of the Demons any more.

It is noteworthy that there is no corrupted version of the Demonic Overlord in the game! There is a “Lesser” version of this monster instead. It may well be a hint for an upcoming and not yet named second expansion to Quarriors. That new expansion is in fact mentioned in the Rise of the Demons rulebook… I’m looking forward to seeing it. I hope it will be as good as Rise of the Demons is.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.