GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,937 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Game boards...too make or buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
bruce ross
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Hello all!

Quick question...

I want some gaming boards for a WW2 game I'm making. My counters are larger 1" x 1".

Can someone recommend a site that sells various terrain types of boards that can accommodate a larger counter

OR

a link to a tutorial to making your own hex based maps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acctingman wrote:
Hello all!

Quick question...

I want some gaming boards for a WW2 game I'm making. My counters are larger 1" x 1".

Can someone recommend a site that sells various terrain types of boards that can accommodate a larger counter

OR

a link to a tutorial to making your own hex based maps?

Back in the old days I used to take Squad leader boards down the library and photocopy them, then I would cut them up using scissors and colour them by hand. NBowdays you can download a few map scans and do it that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quick search over at the DIY forums shows me this:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/299033/inkscape-extensio...

Inkscape (open source free vector art program) extension by this guy that lets you easily create a hex map: assumingly you can make it any size you want.

Print like 10 sheets out of that stuff, cutthe edges and then mounth the whole thing on some thin wood or a roll of any kind of fabric.

Unless you find it cheap, don't go investing in expensive printing at this level in your game Best of luck with it Bruce!!

Hope Ive helped

sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.