GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,813 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

We Didn't Playtest This At All» Forums » General

Subject: How are the expansions and the sequel? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a friend's copy of this game a while back and it was awesome. I'd like to get it but I'd like to make sure I'm buying the best of whats available for it. So, how are the expansions? Amazing? Essential? So so? Rubbish? And how is the sequel? I'd love to know. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't think they playtested them either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilby wrote:
Well, I don't think they playtested them either.

Nope, I don't even know how they wound up released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cornell
United States
Corunna
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Stikfas Animate Better Than Legos!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jools wrote:
So, how are the expansions? Amazing? Essential? So so? Rubbish? And how is the sequel? I'd love to know. Thanks!

We got a great kick out of the original Playtest. We played it several times, then it went into the game closet and hasn't been moved much since.

Then I got We Didn't Playtest This Either, and it plays just like the original - only with different cards. We played a few times, then put it next to its counterpart in the game closet.

We never tried combining the decks into one game, mostly because very few cards ever get drawn in one game. Both are fun games to bring out with your friends as a quick diversion before the real gaming begins. You can also use them as a way to determine who will be first player in the real game. But nobody ever asked to bring this game out on a frequent basis other than my 10 year old son.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Llama
United States
Milligan College
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Combining WDP with WDP This Either is best.

We've played with the blue cards a few times, but they are rarely used, mostly because games do not often survive an entire round. We also have the expansion for cards that you play at the start of the game, but we've never felt the need to use them. I've tried once or twice to bring them out, but my group has never been interested. I assume its because part of the joy of the game is its simplicity and while adding a new rule at the beginning of the game doesn't add a lot of complexity, the play group never felt that extra rule was necessary to keep the game fun.

I've never played The Dice Expansion or Legacies, but I'd like to when I the company at Gencon this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.