Subject: solo rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard in my LFGS that there is a solo varient somewhere for Mr Jack Pocket. Has anyone seen the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be very interested in that variant as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a variant here:
http://www.trictrac.net/index.php3?id=jeux&rub=detail&inf=va...

If you use Chrome, it will automagically translate this for you in the browser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
:l
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey that's really awesome... Definitely going to try that out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Ackles
Cuba
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gonna try it out too soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record...
translate.google.com on that article wrote:
This variation can play solo, as an investigator. Setting up and running are very close to the original game except for two points:
(1) The offender is not identified at the outset but emerges in the game. The aim of the investigator is to exonerate suspects as you go.
(2) The player who plays Mr Jack is replaced by an "artificial intelligence" that determines an order in the choice of actions and ways to use actions.

The hunt
In odd rounds, cast the actions of four chips, the investigator chooses an action first, Mr Jack makes two, then the investigator shall be the last.
When the towers peers, return the chips on the other side, Mr Jack chooses the first action, the investigator performs two, then Mr Jack did last.

When Mr Jack plays, he chose his actions among the actions still available according to the following order:
1. Focus: it returns the first card alibi and adds the number of timer (s) to the number of timer it already has.
2. Exchanging two tiles: Mr Jack exchange the positions of two tiles retain their orientation. The choice of tiles to minimize the visibility of the investigators.
3. Joker: Mr Jack can move a character from his choice of a box in the direction of clockwise. Mr Jack chose the character who may or may see as many suspects and so place it facing the wall and sees the fewest characters possible.
4. Rotation: Mr Jack chooses a tile to turn a quarter turn or a U-turn. The tile chosen should minimize the visibility of the investigators.
5. Character: it moves a character from January to February cells in the direction of clockwise, so it is facing a wall and sees the fewest characters possible. If characters are more tokens available, Mr Jack chooses the one that is or could see more suspects.
Wherever possible, Mr Jack has to choose different actions. For example, when the towers peers, if the first action is to turn a tile and the remaining shares are to turn a tile or two tiles share, it must swap two tiles.

The survey
When all actions have been used, proceed to the second phase of the tour: the investigation. For some it will be found innocent suspects. Mr Jack is still part of the majority group of suspects.
While the majority of suspects are visible, while Mr Jack is visible. All the tiles are turned face suspects invisible empty. The interviewer gets the token time of this tour.
While the majority of suspects are invisible, so Mr Jack is invisible. All the tiles are turned face suspects visible empty. Mr Jack gets the token time of this tour.
If he suspects many visible and invisible, we look at the lap time counter. If there is a magnifying glass, Mr Jack is one of the suspects visible. All the tiles are turned face suspects invisible empty. The interviewer gets the token time of this tour. If there is a knife, Mr Jack is one of the suspects invisible. All the tiles are turned face suspects visible empty. Mr Jack gets the token time of this tour.

The game ends if:
- There remains a suspect: the investigator wins.
- Mr Jack has accumulated six hourglass, time with his chips and cards alibi: Mr Jack wins.
- At the end of the eighth round, there is still at least two suspects: Mr Jack won.

mister.dante, on 02/09/2010
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Webb
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hmm...it doesn't seem too different from the games I played when I took both roles so I could understand the rules.

I guess it'll be nice having automated move so I won't feel like I'm beating and losing to myself though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
the abstract manifest.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was still learning the game while trying to apply the rules outlined
which are basically all of them plus the Solo Rules.
For my own understanding I rewrote (re-worded) the above with only the Solo
Rules paragraphs. This might make it easier for you too.

FIRST STAGE:
Mr.Jack selects actions using the priority action list:
1. Alibi 2. Exchange 3.Joker 4.Rotation 5.Detective token
with the note that wherever possible choose different actions.

SECOND STAGE:
Appeal For Witnesses:

Jack is Seen if majority of suspects are in line of sight.
Jack is not seen if majority of suspects are not in line of sight.

If there is no Majority look at the current turn's time token.
If the magnifying glass is seen then Mr. Jack is seen.
If the knife is seen then Mr. Jack is not seen.

Winning the Game(same as regular rules) and
if at the end of the 8th turn
the number of suspect tokens still seen
is greater than 1 - Mr. Jack wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Motherless Brooklyn - Jonathon Lethem
badge
Solo Monk - Thelonious Monk
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it's a variant, maybe we can get an admin to put it in the Variants folder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joost kaha
Netherlands
utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you could add a score to see how well you did:
14 (max rounds + max hourglasses) minus the number of rounds you needed to catch Jack minus the number of hourglasses Jack collected.
in short:

14 - rounds - hourglasses

(in case you lost you don't get points, sorry)

today I played my first solo game and it was fun.
my score was 14 - 4 - 4 = 6 points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls