Popular Tags: [View All]
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Theories?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/07/24/military.release/i...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It happens in our news on a regular basis. Why should it be any different in Iraq?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kidd
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I think if you looked at the lack of quality control in most of what ends up in the news media your head would spin. Best to approach all news/information/propaganda with a healthy dose of skepticism, and trust information that comes from at least two independent sources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The quote:

Quote:
'The terrorists are attacking the infrastructure, the ISF and all of Iraq. They are enemies of humanity without religion or any sort of ethics. They have attacked my community today and I will now take the fight to the terrorists,' said one Iraqi man who preferred not to be identified.'

Gee. Just like Our Dear Leader likes to say!

Sarcasm aside, I think it's likely that the military is engaging in a two-front propaganda war -- against the insurgency and public opinion at home. Manipulating the news is a part of that, and the Pentagon has a special office created during this administration (the Office of Special Plans) to carry out that mission -- propaganda operations designed to sway opinion at home. This 'unidentified Iraqi' serves both aims.

It's like the fake reviewer that some movie studios got busted for a while ago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
Further information:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/07/26/military.release/i...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.