Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
635 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [26] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Holiday Happiness - an unrestricted math trade - discussion thread - Official results posted! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Treasure those you love...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's been almost a year since I ran one of these unrestricted events. I hope that I still remember how...

Trade List: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/75724/
Request List: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/75732/

Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for this event (please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support).

If you have never used this tool before, please read this: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

There is also a cool video guide by boathouselooper here...

If you're still unsure, feel free to ask questions in the discussion thread.

Key dates (all times are CENTRAL TIME)

Open for posting games: Tuesday, November 29th (10pm) until Saturday, December 3rd (10pm)

Want list submission period: Saturday, December 3rd (10pm) until Tuesday, December 6th (10pm) - no extensions!

Results posted within half an hour thereafter.

Please do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline.

==============

OK - some very, very simple rules - please take a few minutes to read them:

d10-1 Any items, other than cash, are allowed - as long as they are legal to transport. If you honestly think you have something people might trade for, please feel free to offer it..

d10-2 Gift certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

d10-3 Non-game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG", "Miscellaneous Game Merchandise" or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.

d10-4 You are expected to describe, as accurately as is reasonably possible, the condition (components and box), language and edition of your item in the description. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not GG).

Please do not use terms like "as pictured" and "players copy" to save time. Using those terms is fine, but NOT as a substitute for the rule above.

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" that doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any dings. It might not matter to you, but it matters to some people.

Similarly please do not add games you do not currently have in your possession as you can't vouch for their condition. Even a new game might arrive damaged.

d10-5 You are required to cover full shipping costs to others in your country. You are not required to ship outside of your own country but your shipping restrictions outside of your own country must be clearly stated/explained. Please read carefully the shipping policies for items you put on your want lists.

Exception: Shipping to HI and AK is voluntary for U.S. participants, although I ask that you do consider doing so.

Any ambiguity shipping abroad will be interpreted as generosity on your part. This means that if you don't include a shipping policy, then it is assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

d10-6 Sweeteners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or you can manually insert the GAMEID using BGG formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly.

d10-7 If you've been reported to me as a bad trader, I reserve the right to remove your entries.

d10-8 Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.

d10-9 If you feel the need to use them, please keep disclaimers short and to the point so they don't make things hard to read. If you need to use a longer disclaimer, please include a link to it in each of your entries instead of copying the whole thing into each entry - thanks.

d10-1d10-0 Finally - you are expected to periodically check during the item submission period, and preferably during the want list submission period, to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of items - most commonly because you have forgotten to state a version, language or shipping policy - and you should check in to address such questions in a timely manner should they arise, so that everyone then has the correct information available.

You will NOT be able to respond to comments in the GeekList once it is locked down and the submission period begins.

Other useful information

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection. SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

Please note that it's best to work on your want list and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit later. This will prevent you from being left out if you forget the deadline.

Also: Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them. To submit them you will need to click on the "Submit My Wants" button. If you're not sure how to find this, consult the documentation referenced above or ask in the discussion thread.

When you submit your want lists, you will receive a confirming GeekMail. If you don't get one, your want lists haven't been submitted. Your want lists in the GeekMail may be truncated - this is fine.

Thanks for reading to the bottom here - you may be in a minority.

Please enter lots of items and have some fun with this. Good luck!

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Saturday, December 3rd, 2011, 10:00 PM CST
Deadline-Wants: Tuesday, December 6th, 2011, 10:00 PM CST
%End%
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Holiday Happiness - an unrestricted math trade - discussion thread
The following people missed the deadline:

# MISSING 30 WANTS (1.1%) FROM 7 USER(s) (2.2%):
# Daezee (16)
# imyourskribe (3)
# natron20 (1)
# Sprydle (4)
# The Gamebler (2)
# toyempire (1)
# WallyGator (3)

For those who want to play along at home and have a faster machine than my work PC, the official wants are here.

And the list of most wanted items is here.

Official results are here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb

Yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - we're a little early, but have at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sachs
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Despite your hope, there is not even any inherent symbolism; gravity is simply a coincidence.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jack. I really enjoy these, I get itchy when I don't pay the USPS on a regular basis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yah, thanks. Any idea when the list will be up to start adding games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Southwest
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:

Will Jeff's OLWLG be available soon for game posting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you end up with any games that did not trade, please consider donating them (see 2011 Charity Game Drive ).

You can possibly win a free game, you can get a tax write-off, and most importantly, you can help somebody in need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
It's been up since about 9:30 last night.

Or are you talking about the OLWLG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:
Bruiser419 wrote:

Will Jeff's OLWLG be available soon for game posting?
Shouldn't be too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI - Jeff has added this event to the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I love this part of the trade -- I keep hitting the F5 button to see if any new games come up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edosan wrote:
I love this part of the trade -- I keep hitting the F5 button to see if any new games come up.
And that feeling of anticipation when someone puts up an item you requested...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bancroft
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although don't you hate the moment you see someone else post something you've already listed. I doubt it actually affects anything in the long run but I always feel like it's less likely that my stuff will trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
norwegiangeek wrote:
Although don't you hate the moment you see someone else post something you've already listed. I doubt it actually affects anything in the long run but I always feel like it's less likely that my stuff will trade.
Actually that happened to me in a local MT recently. I really wanted a copy of a one particular game that was listed. The person who listed it really wanted something I was offering. Surely...? But no. Someone else had later added the same game that I did, and they ended up making the swap I had hoped to get, while my copy went untraded. You just never know...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you update the request list to link back to the discussion and trade geeklists? Also maybe add to the Math Trade Announcements Thread? Thanks for running the math trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Atlanta!
badge
United!
mbmbmbmbmb
mmpoole wrote:
Could you update the request list to link back to the discussion and trade geeklists? Also maybe add to the Math Trade Announcements Thread? Thanks for running the math trade!
Yeah I second that suggestion. That announcement thread is the only way a lot of people find these math trades. The only reason I'm already here is a buddy found it on his own and passed word along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoic Bird
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vantageGT wrote:
mmpoole wrote:
Yeah I second that suggestion. That announcement thread is the only way a lot of people find these math trades. The only reason I'm already here is a buddy found it on his own and passed word along.
Sameish here - I'm running an auction and periodically checking to see if I'm still on the front page - "hey, how did I miss a Math Trade?"

Edit: Instead of a "me three" post here, I probably should've taken the bull by the horns and just put it up in the thread myself blush Thanks, Cate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhh...finally! I was waiting for a math trade! Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
VolcanoLotus wrote:
Edit: Instead of a "me three" post here, I probably should've taken the bull by the horns and just put it up in the thread myself blush Thanks, Cate!
No problem! I suspect that Jack is busy right now.

Viva Jack's Math Trades!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Staszowski
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
This message is my best attempt at being cryptic.
mbmbmb
Question about adding an item to the math-trade list.

I wanted to put together an 'Island Adventure Theme' set of games/accessories onto the list.

Should I list this item as 'outside the scope' and use the +altname+/-altname-, and then identify the rest of the games within the listing?

Or, considering Tikal is going to be the largest game in the set, should I list the set under Tikal and just list the rest of the games as sweeteners? (and, if I do, could I still use the +altname+/-altname- tags?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TofuGolem wrote:
Question about adding an item to the math-trade list.

I wanted to put together an 'Island Adventure Theme' set of games/accessories onto the list.

Should I list this item as 'outside the scope' and use the +altname+/-altname-, and then identify the rest of the games within the listing?

Or, considering Tikal is going to be the largest game in the set, should I list the set under Tikal and just list the rest of the games as sweeteners? (and, if I do, could I still use the +altname+/-altname- tags?)
I will answer the best I can:

I know that +altname+/-altname- tags do not work with regular game entries. You need to use Outside the Scope for them to work.

Either way will work because the OLWLG will show the other games as sweeteners if you put it under Tikal or Outside the Scope. Some people like to make their themed offerings a little more special by using Outside the Scope with altname tages. That is how I would do it but neither approach is incorrect (or provides less info).

Hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Math Traders! Proudly display your math trade microbadges.

If you don't have one, just post a request for in this thread and I will give you the for one. There are several styles to choose from.

SHOW OFF YOUR MATH TRADE MICROBADGES! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it even possible that it's only been 55 days since I last participated in a math trade? Feels like years ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
King Friday wrote:
Is it even possible that it's only been 55 days since I last participated in a math trade? Feels like years ...
I know how you feel, your majesty. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [26] |