GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,916 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game – Fame and Fortune» Forums » General

Subject: Limited Buildings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

I think that the expansion should have more of the limited buildings - barracks and banks are only 5 per game, I think this number should be variable as the number of players.

This would count for resource availability also.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Schroeder
Canada
Maple Ridge
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Apparently the expansion has more resource tokens.
I hope they have more buildings in general for the 3rd expansion when the inevitably add the 6th player. I'd also like to see two new building types since there is room at the bottom with the trading post and harbour.

We reduce down to 3 wonders per era for 2 player games...

Now that you mention it, the game play does get quite varied having 2-5 players with the abundance or limits of everything. This whole dilemma should be addressed in the rulebook with a chart with the number of everything you put out or keep in the box like in Settlers of Catan with the various seafarers maps. Nice and simple.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
We also got every great person marker in todays game. So 5 player is really pushing the limits.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Essex Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the great person limit is to prevent any one player from drawing too many of the same type. Imagine one player with 4 or 5 great generals.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gibolas wrote:
I think the great person limit is to prevent any one player from drawing too many of the same type. Imagine one player with 4 or 5 great generals.


There are only 3 of each type of great person and they don't scale. Also 3 great generals have the same bonus as the maxed investment military bonus or the bonus for 3 academies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Essex Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dlhammond wrote:
gibolas wrote:
I think the great person limit is to prevent any one player from drawing too many of the same type. Imagine one player with 4 or 5 great generals.


There are only 3 of each type of great person and they don't scale. Also 3 great generals have the same bonus as the maxed investment military bonus or the bonus for 3 academies.


I'm not sure what you mean by "they don't scale".

I know there are only 3, and I was saying that I think that is intentional so one player doesn't end up with 4 or 5 of the same one by rare chance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean that there are always and only 3 Great General markers for the board as opposed to the number of Fame and Fortune Great General leader cards in the game. If they are already in the game (on the board or on a player's civilization sheet) any great general leader cards that you draw are discarded and a replacement is drawn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Thorpe
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I think thats the point he is trying to make.

Currently there are 3 of each.

if it raised to 4 or 5 of each, then the scenario of 4-5 great generals would become valid, and scary, if highly unlikely.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kyrinthic wrote:

I think thats the point he is trying to make.

Currently there are 3 of each.

if it raised to 4 or 5 of each, then the scenario of 4-5 great generals would become valid, and scary, if highly unlikely.



But nothing has raised them, unless you are talking about making house rules, and with house rules you can do whatever you want with the potential of fixing issues or creating worse issues.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.