Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like blocks have been a good decision.

Just before GMT announced the move to blocks, we were at 761 (on May 21). Now, just over two months later, we have reached 939 orders. 178 orders in two months. Pretty good news I think. So, will the next few gaming conventions push us over the top? GMT will be at WBC for those of you lucky enough to go - please send pics!!

And there have been more hints on the differences between this game and the other games in the series:

Quote:
Those that haven't tried the game don't know how the leaders are different in C&C:A over BC which is actually huge. In BC, they added one die. In C&C:A, they add no dice but add another side of the die which hits in close combat for units they are stacked with or adjacent to. In addition, they all the units to ignore one retreat as wellh. These differences are huge and make leaders extremely important.

Another side to the die
To the unit they are stacked with and adjacent units

Oh, and don't forget to visit GMT to put in your pre-order. I want this by Christmas!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! This post and the conventions should surely bump it over the top!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yipee . I have been putting off MM44 in hopes this one will steam along .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ersatz Ursatz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's at 940 now. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More promising news, Richard Borg said at Historicon that GMT will be taking orders at the WBC con at the beginning of August. With only sixty orders to go, it might be over the top by the end of the con.

On another note, for those who have been holding off on M'44, you might want to go ahead and grab one so you can get registered on the DoW M'44 site. This will give you access to new information on the September expansions--with illustrations, including photos of the new Soviet components (yes, it's a T-34, a Russian infantryman in long coat, and a new artillery piece).

Also, it appears that the expansions will be offered in a package deal through the web site, almost certainly before any reach stores (if, indeed, DoW plans to market them in retail shops).

I've found that there is enough variety throughout the C&C/BC/Memoir system to make it worth having the whole family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
Also, it appears that the expansions will be offered in a package deal through the web site, almost certainly before any reach stores (if, indeed, DoW plans to market them in retail shops).

Not to digress, but I will for a moment: Barry, where did you hear/see this? This is great news and something I've been hoping for since the expansions were announced and then finally shown last week.

For what it's worth, I'll go drop a preorder for C&C. I have the other games in the series, so why not, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
puck4604 wrote:
Not to digress, but I will for a moment: Barry, where did you hear/see this? This is great news and something I've been hoping for since the expansions were announced and then finally shown last week.

a) The information is avalable on the DoW website.
b) That's how they always do it.

You can buy all DoW games and expansions from retailers or from their own webshop. And since it takes time to distribute boxes from outlet to distributor to retailer will you always be able to save time by having the game sent directly from the outlet - especialy if you don't live in Europe where the games are produced.

Mik

PS. There is absolutely no reason to believe that DoW wouldn't have the expansions available at the retailers who is carrying Memoir'44!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilary Hartman
United States
GLENNALLEN
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Just your friendly, neighborhood game player and superhero!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
puck4604 wrote:

a) The information is avalable on the DoW website.
b) That's how they always do it.

You can buy all DoW games and expansions from retailers or from their own webshop. And since it takes time to distribute boxes from outlet to distributor to retailer will you always be able to save time by having the game sent directly from the outlet - especialy if you don't live in Europe where the games are produced.

Mik

PS. There is absolutely no reason to believe that DoW wouldn't have the expansions available at the retailers who is carrying Memoir'44!

Heh. Yes, I'd seen the information on the website last week, with the pictures and descriptions of each expansion. Great stuff. I was wondering about getting them all in a "bundle" and where Barry had heard that information. I have since read the "Memoir'44" thread and had my question answered.

But thanks, anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TnT! wrote:
Looks like blocks have been a good decision.

Just before GMT announced the move to blocks, we were at 761 (on May 21). Now, just over two months later, we have reached 939 orders. 178 orders in two months. Pretty good news I think. So, will the next few gaming conventions push us over the top? GMT will be at WBC for those of you lucky enough to go - please send pics!!

And there have been more hints on the differences between this game and the other games in the series:

Quote:
Those that haven't tried the game don't know how the leaders are different in C&C:A over BC which is actually huge. In BC, they added one die. In C&C:A, they add no dice but add another side of the die which hits in close combat for units they are stacked with or adjacent to. In addition, they all the units to ignore one retreat as wellh. These differences are huge and make leaders extremely important.

Another side to the die
To the unit they are stacked with and adjacent units

Oh, and don't forget to visit GMT to put in your pre-order. I want this by Christmas!!!

I think this could lure some DBM gamers..... now if we could infiltrate their sites.....................ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, sorry to those who asked questions, I just got back to see what's been added to this thread. Didn't mean to ignore anyone. From the DoW web site, it certainly looks like they intend to "shelf-market" the terrain and Soviet expansions. I did pick up on some uncertainty about the desert/winter board as a retail item.

Richard was hopeful about the "next" expansion coming to light sooner rather than later, but clearly Eric and DoW have a schedule to adhere to and that's understandable. Nevertheless, I hope the September offerings will be enthusiastically received and will justify DoW's continuing support for future expansions. RB says the next one's ready to go from his point of view (design, development, testing, scenarios, etc.).

Oh, as a P.S.--I can't help but observe that the Eagle minis for the new "Conquest of the Empire" seem well suited for GMT's "C&C Ancients." The "Risk:Godstorm" figures are okay for barbarians (all left-handed, though). Some of the "History of the World" figs would be good. I'm thinking here about both style of figure and the nice round/oval bases that don't topple like a lot of plastic soldiers from Airfix, Hat, etc. are inclined to do.

Also, if anybody read my report on an early playtest version of "C&C Ancients," Richard told me that there have been some refinements since that time. Some nice features remain, others have been added, but oh, boy, it's going to be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schenker wrote:
It's at 940 now. cool

I've just given in to temptation and added mine, also for Winds of Plunder. Now I must hope for exchange rates not to go too far the wrong way before shipping time, and for my wife not to notice devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tim-pelican wrote:
Now I must hope for exchange rates not to go too far the wrong way before shipping time [...]

You're locked in now, pricewise. But C&C:A is close enough to its goal that, barring some real weirdness in the exchange rates over the next few weeks, I think the worst that would happen is that it would need a couple dozen more pre-orders to go to press.

Quote:
[...] and for my wife not to notice devil

On that front, ye be on yer own! arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news, Tony! As one of the Drooling 940, can I beg, wheedle and cajole the Great Powers at GMT to let the presses roll after WBC orders are added and not make us wait an extra few weeks for the last couple of dozen to hit 1000? It would be great to see this by Thanksgiving.

Also, now that it looks like a sure thing, can you comment on whether GMT has decided how to handle supplements/additions? (For example, in C3I, as P250 or P500 stand-alones, etc.?)

Thanks for any crumbs you can toss our way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
Good news, Tony! As one of the Drooling 940, can I beg, wheedle and cajole the Great Powers at GMT to let the presses roll after WBC orders are added and not make us wait an extra few weeks for the last couple of dozen to hit 1000? It would be great to see this by Thanksgiving.

The daydream Gene and Andy keep mentioning on Consimworld (CSW) is having the game under the tree for Christmas...

The folks at GMT are currently discussing the production schedule for the remainder of the year. I know that they would like to get the game onto the 2005 list, but nothing official has been set in terms of dates (*). I expect that GMT will post a formal update for what's on the horizon sometime relatively soon on their support forum at CSW. When that happens, I'll try to remember to pass the update along here or ask Andy to do likewise.
Quote:
Also, now that it looks like a sure thing, can you comment on whether GMT has decided how to handle supplements/additions? (For example, in C3I, as P250 or P500 stand-alones, etc.?)

Regrettably, despite being one of the Drooling 940 myself, when it comes to C&C:A I'm as in the dark on supplements and additions as anyone else here.

(*) http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@71.OJRLba2wjMP.7@.1dcfd8...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trnardo wrote:
tim-pelican wrote:
Now I must hope for exchange rates not to go too far the wrong way before shipping time [...]

You're locked in now, pricewise.

Dollar-price, yes. I'm in the UK, so what MasterCard can charge me for it isn't yet set in stone. Personally I'm hoping to see 2 USD to 1 GBP, but I don't think anyone on the far side of the pond is sharing that sentiment.

Quote:
But C&C:A is close enough to its goal that, barring some real weirdness in the exchange rates over the next few weeks, I think the worst that would happen is that it would need a couple dozen more pre-orders to go to press.

I wasn't thinking about getting it produced, just about what the credit card people would bill me.

Quote:

Quote:
[...] and for my wife not to notice devil

On that front, ye be on yer own! arrrh

I *heart* separate bank accounts. It'll just be "what's this parcel with a big customs sticker on?"...

First time I've pre-ordered a game, and the anticipation is actually quite exciting. I hope this isn't a sign that my addiction has reached some new and worrying level shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
tim-pelican wrote:
I *heart* separate bank accounts. It'll just be "what's this parcel with a big customs sticker on?"...

OT: I think separate accounts when married is a bad idea, but then I do all the finances, so I can sometimes sneak things in devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C&C:A is tentatively due to charge in September and ship in November...

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@205.fVIkbETfjit.3@.1dcfd...

One of the contingencies that would slow this down is P500 orders dropping off. But I think the rush to get in before the P500 discount is reduced will help prevent that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm going to have to break down and order a second copy just to get the discount now, in case I want another copy later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Tuxbury
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
SHAZAM!
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered yesterday. Looks good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ersatz Ursatz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Commands & Colours: Ancients now at 958
As of yesterday, the count is 958. Just 42 more preorders to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oskari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:

Well, that depends, even in Europe. With Shadows over Camelot, I got my copy from my FLGS (in Finland) earlier and for a lower price than the guy next door who pre-ordered the game from DoW's European webshop laugh

Anyhow, it'll be nice to see whether DoW comes up with a reasonable bundle price. That would definitely lure me into pre-ordering as well.

Quote:

Actually, Milan-Spiele.de has already listed the prices for each expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Richert
United States
Springboro
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A little OT, but how often does GMT update the P500 list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Commands & Colours: Ancients now at 958
Warhammer wrote:
A little OT, but how often does GMT update the P500 list?

Approximately once per week. Sometimes the updates take a few days longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ersatz Ursatz
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
983 preorders as of August 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Nardo
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Commands & Colours: Ancients now at 1004
Now officially over the top, at 1004.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.