Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The final game of the evening .. indeed the vacation ... was Kontor. This was my 3rd playing of Kontor, and unfortunately my opinion hasn't improved. Frankly, the game is quite dull and uneventful. Ty and I never contested one island, being content to build our own islands in contesting for victory. We played the 'advanced' rules (man, playing the 'basic' rules must be sheer, shriek-inducing boredom) utilizing the ship, 7x7 grid and scoring of the five largest islands to secure victory.

I knew exactly what I wanted to do from the start and did it. There was little if any tension generated. The ship was used effectively once or twice, but that really didn't effect either of our plans. Ultimately, six islands were formed and of the 5 largest, I controlled three of them. I captured a 3-2 victory over Ty. I remain totally unimpressed by the game.

Ratings: Ty 5, Greg 4

No gaming today. Instead, we headed to Adventure Island, an enormous water park which is part of the Busch Gardens facilities. Lots of great water slides and adventure areas, including this incredibly neat area wherein adults and children scamper through a maze of passages and crawl spaces. The really neat feature is that there are dozens of hidden surprises wherein water squirts out at you from unexpected places, many of which are controlled by other people. It's loads of fun to dump a bucket of water on unsuspecting people!

After nearly six hours of sliding, splashing and soaking, we headed for home in preparation for our journey home. We said our farewells to Shay and the kids and Ty drove us to the airport. A bit tearful, we hugged and said our goodbyes, knowing that we will be together again in a few months at Gulf Games.

I want to publicly thank Ty & Shay Douds for their incredible hospitality and generosity. We were made members of their family for five days, with instructions to treat their home as ours. It's not easy having someone stay with you for that long, as it interrupts your normal day-to-day activities and just the 'relaxed' mode you slip into at home. They put up with us marvelously and treated us like kings. Their friendship and love touched my heart.

I also want to thank Brent Carter & Peter McCarthy (and their lovely wives) and Jon Pessano for taking the time to travel spend the day with us gaming and socializing. Their friendship is greatly appreciated and cherished.

Now, I can't wait till Gulf Games so we can all get together again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.