Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday evening, we played Goa with the guys who taught us the game in the first place. Since then, we've played it a dozen times, lots of 2 player games, 1 three player, and the rest 4 player games. So we thought we were ready for them. They only played twice since then after all.

With great confidence we started to play. After all, what could happen to us? Well... First of all, our daughter of 2 woke up with a fever, and the baby of 7 months needed to eat, which was not at all following the schedule. (Lame excuses).

What really happened is that we were too easy on the flag, and on the money. The boys kept bidding very high, and money just swapped hands between them. We should have done something, but I don't like to bid so high. One of the guys started off with the flag and the double nutmeg. Things got only worse from there. He collected 3!!! nutmeg colonies (during the auctions in the first rounds), getting hold of the nutmeg industry. Has anyone seen that happen before? We needed to harvest for nutmeg (which took us everytime a turn - putting us greatly behind), and besides, of the colonies you can found, there are anly 2 with nutmeg (for the cheapest, and who can start of by founding the colony of 12?). He got a lot of axtra turns with the flag and the auctions. I did not play smart (for example, I got the tile which you can swap in the B part of the game, and I swapped it for 3 expedition cards - and they really sucked: I could pay to advance on the tracks (2 out of 3). Duuuuuh, I never had any money! Why didn't I take the take 2 extra actions tile? That was a really dumb move. Oh well. I always seem to be short on boats - and colonists this game, I only founded 3 colonies - putting me behind 4 points, which was too far away.) Ageeth really did bad, but she was the one who did the most work with the children... She's tired of Goa now. It should be on BSW soon :-)

End score:
39-38-36(that was me)-31

Ann

PS: This is one of the games with the most regrets: I should have, I could have, if only I...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.