Marlon de Silva
Australia
Silverwater
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there.
What a fantastic looking game!
I know this will grow into a family favourite; it has the attributes of a timeless classic (in our home anyway).

Congratulations on a wonderful design.

Question: With two full copies of the game (a backing option which is available on the Kickstarter page), could you envisage 3 or 4 people playing this game if we were to put stickers on the discs to mark the 3rd and 4th players? Or do you think it'd get a bit too chaotic?

Fingers crossed that the funding goal is met... you can certainly count me in!

Cheers, Marlz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We have certainly put a lot of consideration into 3 and 4 player variants and have done some play testing. The starting map is laid out a bit different to accommodate the extra players but still maintains symmetry and it played beautiful. It does play longer and may need additional tiles... but in your case of wanting to put stickers on a second set I say go for it! Have fun and be creative! That is what has been the highlight of this game, the creativity that it brings out of people. That's a very rewarding payoff for me that I never saw coming.

We are working on a possible expansion set(s) that may include the extra colors for multiple players.

Thanks a lot for the support and please help spread the word about Rise! Word of mouth is the greatest way to help bring Rise! to life.

Happy Holidays,

-Michael Coe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've pledged for 2 copies as well because of the ability to easily make it a 3-4 player game.. You could also turn it into a 2v1, 2v2, 3v1, FFA or make other variants. I love that the base rules are rather simple but the strategies could be endless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
So through a fluke of my own, I'm ending up with two copies of the game. But considering the possibility for 3-4 players, this makes me very happy now to have two copies. cool

Thank your for posting and suggesting this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.