flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, everyone!

The Nightmare Before Christmas TCG will be debuting at GenCon 2005 at the NECA booth. There you will have your first opportunity to try the game out and pick up Starter Decks and Booster Packs. There are four different Starter Decks in the premiere set: Jack Skellington Starter Deck, Oogie Boogie Starter Deck, The Mayor Starter Deck, and Dr. Finklestein Starter Deck. Each of these Starter Decks includes several main characters from the film, so you will immediately get to play with your favorite personalities from Halloweentown!

As you may know, I am a frequent visitor to BGG and will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the game. I hope to see you at GenCon!

Andrew

-----------------------------

Andrew Parks
Quixotic Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex maclory
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Really look forward to try this game.
Can u tell when it will be released?
thanks

alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Alex.

The Nightmare Before Christmas TCG will be shipping out to distributors by the end of this month. It should be in stores by the first or second week of September.

Thanks!

Andrew

----------------------

Andrew Parks
Quixotic Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Boule
Canada
Montreal
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I had the chance to play the game at GenCon and it's really fun and easy to play. I purchase a full box of boosters but I can't find any checklist anywhere? Please help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Fred.

Glad to hear you enjoyed playing Nightmare Before Christmas at GenCon! We are working on the official website for the game and should have that up (including a cardlist) shortly. I will also post a cardlist here on BGG within the next day or two for easy reference.

In the meantime, I can tell you there are 50 Commons, 50 Uncommons, 38 Rares, and 12 Ultra-Rare Foils in the premiere set. There are also the 2 fixed cards (Pumpkin King and Pumpkin Points) which are only found in Starters. Rare Cards have the Skull symbol in the upper right corner, and Ultra-Rare Cards have the Skull symbol and are foils (they should take the place of a Common every 12 packs or so).

You probably have all the Commons and Uncommons (i.e. 100 different cards without the Skull symbol) from the one Booster Box, as well as most of the regular Rares. As I have not personally had the pleasure of cracking open a box of boosters yet, I am curious to hear how your box was. How many different Rares were there? How many duplicates? How many Ultra-Rare foils?

Thanks!

Andrew

--------------------------------

Andrew Parks
Quixotic Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have now created a PDF cardlist broken up by rarity. I uploaded the list to the BGG system, but it sometimes takes a while for the file to appear. In the meantime, you can download the PDF directly at the link below (it is only 51 KB).

http://www.quixoticgames.com/nightmare/nightmare_cardlist.pd...

Thanks!

Andrew

------------------------

Andrew Parks
Quixotic Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Boule
Canada
Montreal
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi Andrew, I just got back from another con so I just finished sorting my cards now and boy I am a happy camper. I got 36 different rares, no duplicates (so I'm just missing 2 rares), 5 ultra-rares, about 2 of each uncommun and maybe twice that for commun. Me and my girlfriend also have all 4 starters. Those foils are gonna be hard to get. I was happy to find out that the foils were not reprint of other cards but unique cards. The only little deception I have to say is that there's one foil that has a huge (in my opinion) top to bottom scratch, typical of TCG's, but I've seen worst. Thanks for the card list and your fast response on the forum. I'm gonna go build some deck now, seeya.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I am officially jealous of you, Fred.

I still only have 3 Starter Decks and no Booster Packs. I hope to pick some up on Wednesday. I believe the full shipment has arrived from the printer and is beginning to ship out to distributors this week.

I am glad to hear you got 5 UR's in one box. I believe the average is normally 3 UR's per box, so looks like you got a good one! I'm also happy to hear you didn't get any duplicate Rares and a pretty even assortment of the Commons and Uncommons. Sounds like the printer did a great job with collation.

Have fun playing! Feel free to post questions here on BGG while the new website is being constructed.

Thanks,

Andrew

-----------------------------

Andrew Parks
Quixotic Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Perry
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope I'm not breaking some etiquette, but I have never purchased a CCG, and have no idea how they are packaged (as in how many cards per box) or how much a box or a starter or booster deck will run ($). Any comments on this, or did I miss it in your previous posts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Stuart.

Thanks for your TCG questions. I'm more than happy to answer them. Here is a general breakdown of the way the Starters and Boosters are packaged and purchased.

1) Starter Decks: In the Nightmare TCG, there are four different Starter Decks, each devoted to a different Character from the film (Jack, Oogie, Mayor, and Dr. Finklestein). Each of these decks is "fixed", meaning there is no randomization of cards so that players can learn to play the game with a balanced, playtested deck. Each player needs his or her own Starter Deck in order to play the game. The price for Nightmare Starter Decks at GenCon was $10, and I believe this is the actual retail price. There are 48 cards in a Nightmare Starter Deck.

2) Booster Packs: Each Booster Pack contains a random assortment of cards to help you modify your Starter Decks (and even create entirely new decks from scratch). Each Nightmare Booster Pack contains 12 cards: 8 Common Cards (lowest rarity), 3 Uncommon Cards (medium rarity), and 1 Rare Card (high rarity). There are also special packs (about 1 in 12) that contain an Ultra-Rare foil card (highest rarity) in place of one of the Common Cards in the pack. At GenCon, they were selling Booster Packs for $3 each, and a full display box of booster packs (36 booster packs) for $100. However, I am pretty sure the retail will be closer to $3.25 per booster pack, and the full booster display box at $117.

Thanks! I hope you are able to give the Nightmare TCG a try!

Andrew

--------------------------------------

Andrew Parks
Quixotic Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tachella
United States
Lodi
California
flag msg tools
I bought 4 starter decks at gencon, i gave two of them to some friends and they think its a good game. We're all planning on attending Gencon Socal.

Are you guys going to be at Gencon Socal in december?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Chris.

We will be at GenCon SoCal at the Nightmare Before Christmas Festival which is being held (I think) in the same convention center as GenCon. I do not have many details, but I believe that there may be a discount to attend both events. At the Nightmare Festival, I know NECA has plans for big prizes for the Nightmare TCG. We will be launching the game's official website soon, and it will contain more concrete details.

In the meantime, I will be glad to answer any questions here on BGG about the game, so please feel free to let me know if I can help out in any way.

Thanks!

Andrew

----------------------------------

Andrew Parks
Quixotic Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex maclory
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
As i am living in europe, i hope to order the game on the internet asap. Can't find any preorder for now, so if you have any hints for an online retailer...I guess it maybe to soon if first shippments were only made one week ago!
thanks

alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Alex.

Although I am not sure which online stores will have the product, I know that several distributors have placed orders and product has already begun to ship out. I will keep my eyes open and post any venues that I find.

Thanks!

Andrew

----------------------------------

Andrew Parks
Quixotic Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa McNally
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
Hi Andrew -

My boyfriend and I got hooked on the game while at GenCon. We left with 4 starter decks and 6 booster packs, but we've been kicking ourselves for not buying the full booster set. We've been calling around to all the game stores around Seattle only to find that not only do the stores not carry the game, but they have no idea what we're talking about. Is there a delay in letting distributors know the game's out there?

Melissa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Melissa.

I'm glad to hear you guys have been having fun playing Nightmare. Because NECA's promotion of the game officially began at GenCon itself, there is a lot of excitement surrounding the game but also a slight ramping up of the game throughout the distribution channels. There are already several game distributors who are ordering the product, but they are shipping it on a gradual schedule over the course of the next several weeks (I have seen at least one online store taking pre-orders and releasing the game on September 30). There will be much more game media attention when the next issues of Scrye and Inquest come out (there are advertisements in both magazines, and the promo card will be packaged with Scrye).

Be sure to check out the game's official website at http://www.necaonline.com/nbctcg/index.html . We are going to be adding a lot to the website this week as we lead up to September 15, when we reveal all 150 cards, special forums devoted to discussing the game and asking rules questions, plus demo and tournament program information.

In the meantime, thanks for your patience, and I look forward to hearing more from you throughout the weeks ahead!

Andrew

----------------------------

Andrew Parks
Quixotic Games LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.