Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
go2 Youtube Historical Gaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont own Day of Heroes but I am seriously thinking about it... but I do have Boots on the ground. I was wondering if there are (in the game already) or thought of a way to make mission based scenarios like rescue the hostage. It seems like all the bits are there... and I am thinking I can use my card deck from Boots on the Ground to run the AI of the terrorists...

Any ideas on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have Boots on the Ground, so hopefully what I say makes sense. I did create a solitaire scenario for Line of Fire Magazine #10 that substituted AI controlled zombie mobs for Somali's, so I can speak to the general subject.

There are actually five "hostage" scenarios for ADOH. The major scenario with the game starts with a taking hostages, three more cover rescuing down airmen, and a scenario from Line of Fire magazine also features taking hostages outside of the city. No real story line, the hostages are either mobile victory conditions or pinned down crewmen, or a captured warlord.

The Somali's do have some AI elements. Their weapons are short ranged. they tend to swarm, they "spawn" in different locations on the map, and they have rather generic squads and leaders, and the map is good for PackMan type movement. I find them fun to run, but they could be AI'd with some imagination.

How they would fit with cards, I can't say, but I'm thinking the basics are there. To tell the truth, I'm intrigued.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some samples of the cards....
http://www.worthingtongames.com/detailbotg.html

You could also do a random event table

Roll a d6

1 Roll for insurgents
2 Roll for insurgents
3 Insurgents take cover
4 Heal one supressed unit
5 One insurgent fires at double range
6 Closest door explodes

Roll for insurgents table
12 1 insurgent
34 2 insurgets
56 3 insurgents in closest window or door

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanks Alot
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, I just got the game in a few days ago and I was just excited about playing DOH and also excited about another new game I got Boots on the ground. I think I was just hopeful it would be possible to play this with multiple players, or be able to modify the game using an AI...
What I should have done is just hold back til I got the game, play it as is, and play the game as is before I try and modify it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've written two scenarios for ADOH that substitute zombies for Somali's, Pakistani's for National Guard, and Somali Army troops for Americans. So, I'm probably not too outraged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.