GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,144 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: 'advanced' zombie AI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joey Kukamunga
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how zombies usually behave in Dungeons and Dragons, but in other popular culture they are not usually a 'lonely' monster (they usually appear in hordes!)

I was wondering how it would affect the game if zombies were played like legion devils (from Wrath of Ashardalon), and once a single zombie card was played all the zombie miniatures would appear. (How should this affect the zombie XP?)

Or else they could behave like a modified sentry (a sentry capable of attacking) and somehow a zombie 'groan' would alert other zombies to a hero's presence (maybe if there is a hero within 1 tile of a zombie?), and then the active player would search the monster deck to find the next zombie card, and it also would go into play.

I'm not really sure which of these would provide more of that zombie 'flavor' (and my thoughts for the second idea are not that well fleshed out), but I think these could help the zombies be more thematic.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Petterson
United States
Gulfport
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent idea, I think I will try this as a new house rule in my next game of CR.
K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maier
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In the old Dungeons & Dragons Minis game there was a 'Horde Zombie' where basically every round it was on the board another Horde Zombie showed up. This mechanic could easily be adapted. Every Hero's turn where the Horde Zombie remains active another Horde Zombie appears on the Start Tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
mbmbmbmbmb
We did this a few times with Zombies, and also wolves... it seemed to fit both of them, and they are both pretty easy to beat, so having a few zombies pop up or a few wolves pop up was a bit of fun and wasn't 'too much' since it only happened on those specific cards.

A horde of Zombies or a pack of Wolves when one of the cards is drawn was a lot of fun.

NOTE 1: We still kept the experience as it was supposed to be, so killing three zombies only got the experience from one, but it was a lot of fun.

Note 2: Limit the amount of zombies (or wolves) to just the three, don't keep having them come in every turn, otherwise combat could go on for a long time. This might be fun to do once, but it really stops being fun if it is like this all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.