Subject: Eclipse rules in PDF format rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules PDFs in different languages are now available. Since the files are too big for the BGG file system (ca. 17 megabytes each), they can be downloaded here:

Eclipse Official Goodies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet!
You know, the rulebook is much easier to follow at a glance with the proper backgrounds when compared to the "lite" version. Really good looking! Kudos, good sir, kudos.
These files have made the waiting of my preorder to arrive even more unbearable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sweet...downloading now to my universal rulebook reader .... and maybe a couple months from now I can download the full game to there also...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
www.GameBrainPod.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the English version different from the one that is already in the file section on BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
it's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky / it's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight / they say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon / you know i don't see you when she walks in the room
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
trilamb wrote:
Is the English version different from the one that is already in the file section on BGG?

The errors (eg. regarding the amount of Orbital/Monolith tiles) have been fixed. The updated "light" version has been uploaded and waits for approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any different wordings in the rules too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Comeau
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Sampo!

Thank you! This is a great idea! I hope it is just me but I've tried both the English and French versions and most of the diagrams appear as grey figures. For example I cannot see the details for the reputation tiles of even the space hex tiles.

At least I was able to download the rules from another source without any glitch.

Fantastic game BTW. I've ordered my copy some time ago and I am anxiously waiting for its arrival. And every day I review its standings on BGG...

Jean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the German version on p. 22-23, on the border it is still saying "Combat Phase" instead of "Kampfphase" - if it is of interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
VolkoV wrote:
In the German version on p. 22-23, on the border it is still saying "Combat Phase" instead of "Kampfphase" - if it is of interest.

Definitely of interest. Thanks, fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ries
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
This link is being blocked now -- is this hosted anywhere else? Playing a game this week, and want the new person to get familiar with the rules before we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought English rules are posted here on BGG in compact form... are they gone too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eetu Immonen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
"Ain't nothing to it / microbadge made me do it"
badge
"Move the Pawn, Luke"
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dropbox link works for me but nevertheless they can still be found here at BGG: Eclipse rulebook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ries
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the link, didn't spot it.

Also as a sidenote: There wasn't an issue with the site, realized it was just the DNS server blocking it (labeled it at risk for the Conficker virus or something.. shrug)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Kzwix
France
flag msg tools
Hello,

I've checked a rule point both in the second print French and English rulebooks (the PDF from the links), and I have to say that the french version lacks precision.

On page 19, English rules state that "the dice should be assigned to inflict as much damage to your Ships as possible, the largest possible first". Which is really precise, and leaves no question.

On page 19, French rules state that "les dés sont assignés pour infliger le maximum de dommage à un vaisseau". Which means "the dice are assigned to inflict as much damage as possible to one ship". As you can see, the meaning clearly ain't the same, and prompted me to ask some (stupid) questions, in the light of the English rules.

Might I suggest updating the offending bad sentence by the correct, precise translation that would be "les dés doivent être assignés pour infliger le maximum de dommages à vos vaisseaux, en ciblant les plus gros en premier" ?

Oh, and thanks for this great game, by the way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi Sampo

Could you post the links to the pdf in spanish as well?

I have been looking for the spanish PDF as it has been published also but with no luck :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sampo Sikiö
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Shapers of Dorado
mbmbmbmbmb
The publisher does not want to release the Spanish rules online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls